Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Mic ONLY Buzzing loudly

This is a discussion on Mic ONLY Buzzing loudly within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been searching for an answer to this for a while now.. all i could find is to reduce the

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to egywow
EEK!

I've been searching for an answer to this for a while now..

all i could find is to reduce the buzzing.. but my problem is that there is ONLY buzzing..

My headset + microphone were working till Feb 27th. then i thought my dogs broke the jacks connected in the front panel cause my microphone stopped working and people can ONLY hear loud buzzing. i bought a new headset today and it's still the same.. Loud buzzing
i tried both front and rear panels - both buzzing
disconnected the speakers and connected only the headset.
disconnected both headset and seapkers and only connected the mic.

in the proccess i had a problem with opening the Realtek Audio device manager - that's solved while reinstalling drivers.

drivers are uudated, windows is downloading a new update while i'm posting this - not sure if anything in the new windows 10 update is related yet i doubt it.

restarted a couple of times.
reinstalled realtek audio manager.

any solutions? thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to egywow

well.. some how.. without even restarting.. it solved itself.. now my problem is WTH happened? and if this problem happened again how am i supposed to fix it if i don't even know what fixed it - i did absolutely nothing after i made this post.. and the windows update is at 75% download.. so i was just listening to the microphone and the buzzing just stopped.. tried to call a friend online and the mic just simple works. I'm even more frustrated about not knowing what fixed it.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

It could have been electrical interference that was causing the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
Registered Member

I know this was posted about a month ago but I am having a VERY similar issue and cannot solve it for the life of me. if anyone is still active in this thread here is my issue:

A week ago I pulled the plug and decided to switch from Mac to PC. I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for the past week with no success. I am trying to record audio (using windows 10) but get an extreme amount of feedback/interference, no matter what I try, and on top of that the volume of my voice is extremely low as well. My mouth has to be touching the pop filter for you to even hear my voice. I am using an XLR - 3.5mm cable from the mic to the computer. List of solutions I have tried: Turning Enhancements on and off (echo and noise reduction) Uninstalling/reinstalling Realtek audio drivers. Increasing/ decreasing mic volume/gain/boost. Line-in / mic-in (line in gives a more buzzy feedback where as mic-in gives a static/white noise) I have even purchased an external soundcard and tried plugging that into my computer and then the mic into that Still nothing. I plugged the mic into my iMac and it is crystal clear. Im just not sure what the issue is. I have tried at least 30 combinations of these and have gotten no where. Im not sure where else to turn and this is becoming a major issue for me as anything I record just sounds like static. I have tried several different mics, even a gaming usb headset with a mic. If there is any mic plugged into the computer at all, I get the feedback. When nothing is plugged in, the recordings sound how they should; SILENT! if anyone has any input or suggestions at all I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jacob
Old 03-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Update all related drivers; sound card, bios and video.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #6
Registered Member

if problem still persists?
Old 03-31-2019, 01:48 PM   #7
Hardware Tech Team

My System

^ To the above post get into both your windows MIC properties and the Realtek MIC properties and try both of . Try with MIC boost off but a higher recording volume, and also try with both of the Realtek MIC noise filtering options shown in this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MIC.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	323288  
Closed Thread