Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Mic not working on Razer Kraken Pro - Realtek ALC1150

This is a discussion on Mic not working on Razer Kraken Pro - Realtek ALC1150 within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I built a new tower on Christmas and everything is working except for one little piece. My Razer microphone will

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

I built a new tower on Christmas and everything is working except for one little piece. My Razer microphone will only pick up sound if the device is actually in my mouth.

Recording level is maximum. Noise suppression and echo cancellation are off. It doesn't help to switch between the back and front mic ports.

By removing the audio/mic splitter from the headset and plugging it into my laptop or phone's combination jack, it works perfectly. I plugged in an old crappy microphone I had into the front port and it works (just doesn't sound as good as the modern mic). I decided the fault must lie in the splitter, so I bought a new one, and it still doesn't work. I've reinstalled the Realtek driver multiple times.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 motherboard with Realtek ALC1150 onboard sound.
Razer Kraken Pro (2012 model, not 7.1)

I can give the other specs if you need them, but I don't feel that they're related.

Your help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Did you see if Razer offers any drivers for the unit?
Old 12-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Well in the couple years I've owned the headset, I've never needed drivers for it.
I installed Razer Synapse specifically for this problem, but it only gave drivers for my mouse and keyboard that aren't having any issues. Then I installed the Razer Surround addon for Synapse since I knew it was the driver for headsets, but it only works for the speaker part. I saw a software called Razer Comms, but in the description it looked like a VOIP application.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Does your motherboard have the latest sound driver as well?

Does it use any sound software for the board?
Old 01-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #5
Registered Member

Yes. Windows 10 automatically installed the Realtek HD Audio driver as well as the control panel. I have reinstalled it from the website probably four times.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #6
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Have you gotten the device to work on a secondary PC?
Closed Thread