Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Media players not playing sound nor showing up in mixer

This is a discussion on Media players not playing sound nor showing up in mixer within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 running windows 8.1, all the system sounds are playing, including games

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys, I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 running windows 8.1, all the system sounds are playing, including games and browser sounds, except media players like VLC and windows media player who don't play any sound for video or music files, they don't show up in the mixer as well.
Please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Have you checked the mixer to ensure nothing is muted? Have you verified the volume setting of those apps?

A few guides to review:

>> No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8) | HP® Support

>> Windows 8 Sound Problems | Troubleshooting Audio Guide

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow internet connection
Hello, For some reason, about a week or so ago my internet connection (ethernet) speed dropped about 70%. It used to be 10-14 Mbps, now I'm lucky if I get more then 2. I know it's not the ISP because the same connection works perfectly fine on two other laptops in the house (both WiFi and...
neko_ceko Networking Support 28 05-31-2013 12:26 PM
Laptop wifi dying when other laptop crashes.
So whenever my girlfriend force resets her laptop, it bluescreens, or otherwise dies, the WiFi connection that my laptop maintains gets severed, and I cannot connect to the internet unless I reboot. I've tried to go to my network settings and disable/re-enable the wireless connection but that does...
paradoxvision Networking Support 6 05-06-2013 08:59 AM
Windows Update Error Code 80072efe2
Thanks to this I'm not able to do any Windows Updates. I'm running a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). I've looked online for several fixes, including the Kapersky TDSSKiller program and I still get the error. Is there anyone out there who could help me?
EncoreBlade Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 36 01-26-2013 12:01 PM
Laptop can't connect to my home router, others are fine.
Hi, As the title says I was using the internet one evening, turned it off my laptop which is an Acer 5332, the next day turn it on only to find I am disconnected from the home router and can't connect to it. My Ipad is able to connect to it without a problem. I tried connecting to a friends...
Protonoto Networking Support 15 11-19-2012 09:51 AM
can connect dir 615 with adsl modem
hi guys, recently i got a dlink dir 615 router from a friend. i'm using adsl modem now. i want to connect the modem to the router so that i have a wireless at home for my laptop and iphone. i have follow the step in the router manual but it did not work. i just cannot conect to the router page...
agni115 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 15 02-08-2011 10:36 AM