Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Lost right driver for onboard sound device after installing video-card

This is a discussion on Lost right driver for onboard sound device after installing video-card within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I have installed video card drivers. After this installation i lost my sound. During installation i saw strange clause

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi. I have installed video card drivers. After this installation i lost my sound. During installation i saw strange clause about some NVIDIA Audio device which i don't have and don't want.

So, i went to Device manager and deleted this NVIDIA audio devices, because i have ASUS motherboard. But still no sound appeared.

Video card is MSI Gt 730
Motherboard is ASUS m4a88t-v/evo

How can i restore my sound, Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

That Nvidia audio driver is part of your MSI GT 730 GPU....It's for you HDMI port on the card.

Go here for you mobo original audio driver.....Motherboards - M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 - ASUS

What I would do in your situation is just reinstall your dirver/software package for your GPU and just use the recommended settings and it should fix itself.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, i followed the link you provided, but didn't found driver there:(

And about video card drivers, its cooler was too noisy, so i unistalled this card, and now use onboard version again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 04:47 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

You have to input what OS and bit type in the search field, click select or next and a list of drivers will show up. Go through the list till you find what you looking for.

Did you uninstall the software of just remove the GPU? Have you tried re-install the GPU and it driver/software package?
Old 11-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks again.

Yes, i chose right OS, but no driver for audio device there. Only BIOSes, Manuals and driver for LAN.

No i just removed hardware, but i chose recommended installation option while installing. Should i insert card again and reinstall?
Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Verify the audio config. The default audio device should be set to whichever audio chipset you are wanting to use.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

There is no Audio driver listed for that board with Windows 8.1, that usually means it's included in the Windows package.

Open Device Manager(right click on the start button and select Device Manager)
Are there any yellow or red call outs?
There should be one next to sound, video and game controllers, right click on the Realtek device and click on update software.
Closed Thread