Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Lose sound; have to reboot - HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible

This is a discussion on Lose sound; have to reboot - HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've had my HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible for about six months. I've had this problem pretty much from the

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

I've had my HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible for about six months. I've had this problem pretty much from the beginning. If the computer sits idle for a significant period of time (overnight, or perhaps 1 or 2 days), the sound goes out. I have no sound from the internet, any program, etc. When I reboot, everything works fine ... for a while.

I've spoken with HP tech support multiple times. They've walked me through several steps, including updating drivers for the sound card, and various other things. Each time, it seems to works but then a few days or a week later, the problem reoccurs.

I'm running Windows 10, with the latest updates.

Any suggestions or ideas to help this non-techie?

Thanks.

Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

I would believe that if the HP tech could not figure out the problem over the phone, you should send the laptop in for repairs. You may be facing a hardware-based problem that needs physical repair.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you! I was afraid of that. I really can't afford to lose my computer while I send it in.

Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

You could see if HP has any repair services in your area that you can send it to. In fact, UPS does a lot of repair business for companies. Meaning, your laptop doesn't go all too far.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Keep track of your warranty information. If you wait too long, you could end up paying out of pocket.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
Registered Member

Good point. Thanks.
Closed Thread