Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Issue with only left audio output working

This is a discussion on Issue with only left audio output working within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The other day, I accidentally yanked my headphones out of my laptop's audio jack. When I plugged them back in,

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

The other day, I accidentally yanked my headphones out of my laptop's audio jack. When I plugged them back in, I could only get sound out of the left ear piece. To try to solve this, I bought an audio to usb converter but this gave me the exact same problem. On top of this, neither my laptops built-in microphone or speakers appear to work at all anymore and I've even tried running Ubuntu on the machine but have run into the exact same problems. Does anyone know of a fix for this? My laptop is a lenovo ideapad z510 with realtek HD audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Wild guess would be that the internal guts of the jack are buggered up. If it were mine, I might try a couple of things, but I won't recommend them to others.

May require a visit to a tech unless anyone else has suggestions.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi rowanphilip and welcome to TSF

As above really, the headphone-socket has a switch built in that mutes the speakers, iif the contacts are bent, then the socket needs replacing.

It needs a high degree of skill and dexterity to repair them, as well as the possible difficulty of obtaining a replacement socket. Unless you're fully confident and don't mind voiding any warranty on it, a repair-shop is the best bet. If it's still under warranty, it might be worth returning it for repair/replacement.

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saying no audio device, drivers are working properly?
I have Winxp, all service packs, and Sound Blaster Audigy. I have tried what I am assuming is every solution I have found in short of reinstalling XP. Making sure the right devices are started in services, un-installing/re-installing/updating drivers, and so on. One thing it probably could be is...
lsdeimos Windows XP Support 9 01-19-2014 10:46 AM
5.1 Channel Audio - Sound only from Front Left and Right Speakers
Dear all, I have been reading 1000s of posts on the net for 5.1 Channel speakers giving outputs only through the front left and right speakers. Well, I am no exception - Connected all the cables correctly to the respective jacks... but still... - Tried atleast 5 different of HD Audio...
Pramodoux Sound Cards 2 03-11-2013 05:50 PM
BSOD with new vegas
Hi, I usually played this game fine, it BSOD a couple of time during gameplay but they were always isoleted accidents. Now I've re installed it and Every time I go out of the first building it BSOD after the loading screen. I've done a memory check and it came out without errors. Can someone...
Eingya PC Gaming Support 2 11-21-2012 03:31 PM
CPUTIN Extremely High please help
https://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Wabisuke_42/****.jpg it shows my cpu temp locked at 99c on speed test. Why am i getting such a high read on that and such good core temps D: any help is apperciated
Necta42 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 9 09-06-2012 01:57 PM
[SOLVED] Everex
Hello, I'm glad to have found this website! I need a driver for an EVEREX STEP NOTE 250E Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus driver freeware download. I have been looking for 2 days and all I have seen are downloads for driver scanners that you have to buy or register for a fee. I have...
aluminumview Driver Support 2 04-20-2011 01:12 PM