Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

i hear my right sound in my left ear

This is a discussion on i hear my right sound in my left ear within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there , im having some issue with my headset, i use my ps4 headset for my pc using a

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there , im having some issue with my headset, i use my ps4 headset for my pc using a 3mm splitter but the sound on the right comes out of my left headset
i already searcht on the internet and people say i need a female and a male splitter but is there a progam so i can switch the sides of the sound??

Thanks for your help

(sorry for my bad english)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi MitchMeat and welcome to TSF

Depending on whwst sound-chip/card is used in your PC, the audio-drivers should have an option somewhere to switch the speakers around. It might take some finding, as the location varies from driver to driver, but it should be there somewhere

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Old 04-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBo View Post
Hi MitchMeat and welcome to TSF

Depending on whwst sound-chip/card is used in your PC, the audio-drivers should have an option somewhere to switch the speakers around. It might take some finding, as the location varies from driver to driver, but it should be there somewhere
im searching but cant find any thing :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Have you tried swapping the headseat around? - It's fine unless it has an attached microphone....

Another way to swap the channels, depending on your soldering skills, would be to rewire the 3.5mm plug, soldering the L/R leads to the alternate lugs in the plug. It's neat but then your PS4 sounds are on the wrong channels.

Otherwise the only other way is a bit 'messy/bodgy' but it works. You'll need a stereo 3.5mm-RCA adaptor and a stereo RCA adaptor-3.5mm socket, something like the first 2 items on this page - Link - Although it's a bit messy, it does mean you can still use you headset with your PS4 with no problems.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

You can use Equalizer APO

Then add this line in the config file:

Copy: L=R R=L

Old 04-12-2016, 10:01 AM   #6
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The cabling/splitter shouldn't have any effect. I've never seen a cable or splitter that swaps channels.

But you could make a custom cable for that purpose.

Otherwise, as noted above, I'd suspect a configuration issue or swap the channels via software or the drivers.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Using the 2 adaptors I linked, you just swap the 2 RCA plugs around

Closed Thread