Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

I have no sound.

This is a discussion on I have no sound. within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Could someone give me hints on where to track the obstruction or lack of sound - which occurred suddenly... amplifier

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Could someone give me hints on where to track the obstruction or lack of sound - which occurred suddenly... amplifier and speakers are working (i get a hum touching the jack), drivers all seem to be in place according to device manager... But I hear nothing, nothing... not even system sounds.

If you get my sound back I'll send you one million..... thanks. (one million thanks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 03:01 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

What soundcard do you have, or is it onboard?

If it's a soundcard and your motherboard also has onboard connectors at the back of the case, do you have the speaker plugged into the correct jack? (I know this is an obvious one, but I've done it myself )

Another simple one.... check the volume sliders and the Mute boxes by double-clicking the Volume Control icon.

Check your sound settings in BIOS to make sure onboard is either enabled or disabled, as appropriate.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Registered Member

When I get home IŽll check on the soundcard. Pretty sure it's on the motherboard. And the plug is plugged into the middle, green jack. I think I've got sneaky viruses, because the sound just went from playing to not playing - aside from other strange behaviors. I'm gonna wipe the hard drive as soon as I get another one to store everything on.

Thanks for your help. Is that a recent photograph of you there on the side?

Oh yeah... I've checked the volume control sliders. I do have one question: how come my control only covers Main volume and WAV volume; other computers' volume controls have several categories.... And I can't find the way I usually use to add those other categories. Could it be because it's XP PROFESSIONAL?
Closed Thread