Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

How to stop certain programs from being recorded in stereo mix

This is a discussion on How to stop certain programs from being recorded in stereo mix within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How do you stop certain programs sound from being heard in the stereo mix but still be heard on the

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

How do you stop certain programs sound from being heard in the stereo mix but still be heard on the speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

You don't. Stereo Mix is either on or off. Windows doesn't and can't control the source. Stereo Mix is simply a way of combining two audio paths. Windows doesn't control what is on each path, only you and the applications that you are using can do that.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Many programs & apps stop working.. Also blue screen error..
I am having many problems with programs & applications shutting down for no reason. These are a list of the programs & applications that shut down: (note I started keeping track after 10 or so stopped working, so there are others) gpcore com object has stopped working vzspath.exe has...
corey2444 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 08-03-2011 05:05 AM
[SOLVED] Startup programs running in background - which of these fixes is best??
OK, now that I've finished posting my quandary re: numerous proposed printQueue solutions (see: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-printing-issues-huge-list-of-fixes-590132.html ...here's my next quandary, re: numerous proposed solutions for Startup programs running in...
Minni Windows XP Support 6 07-28-2011 06:54 PM
Programs stop responding and CPU usage is below 3%
It seems to happen randomly and usually lasts for about 20 minutes. All programs stop responding and computer starts lagging. I checked and my RAM usage is around 1200M - 1350M /2459M and CPU usage is usuallly 1 or 2%. The only program that somehow works is Task Manager, and it usually has to be...
Aratrum Windows XP Support 1 02-08-2011 06:37 AM
Playing music through Stereo Mix
Hi guys, i'm having a slight issue with playing music through stereo mix on chat programs such as Paltalk and Yahoo. The program I'm having is when playing the music it can be heard but if i lower the volume on Windows Media Player or the computers main volume control by the clock it can no...
heathrowflyer Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 02-04-2011 04:11 PM
How do i stop start up programs?
:4-dontknoI am trying to stop a few programs from running at start up because they slow down the boot and i don't use them. I have looked and looked in the control panel and i must be missing it. I know how to add or remove but cant figure out how to just stop it from running at start up.
shanenewhouse1 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 9 01-09-2011 04:54 PM