Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

high definition audio device

This is a discussion on high definition audio device within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. im running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. with built in audio. mother board intel DG41RQ. it has a green connector

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 07:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

im running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. with built in audio. mother board intel DG41RQ. it has a green connector in the back for speakers and one green one in the front for headphones. each time I want to switch between using my speakers and headphones it means unplugging the headphones. in the past i had connectors wear out from unplugging and plugging back in so many times. I want to avoid this . so my question is as follows ; can the switching be done with software. I dont think its possible because in volume controls, playback devices it only shows speakers meaning that there is no choice to switch back and forth with. any advice ? thanks ahead of time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The headphone jack will always disconnect the rear speaker jack. This is by design and is standard on all motherboards. I've not seen a motherboard that allows this to be disabled.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:09 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

If you have Realtek Audio Manager, there is a setting which will keep both devices active at the same time. You need to reduce the volume of the Speaker/Mic to ensure there is no feedback...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2019, 08:26 PM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I do recall seeing the setting to which tristar is referring. But it's not available in all versions of the drivers/software.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:37 AM   #5
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Yeah Jim, it's available in Realtek, in the newer versions, not sure about other Audio Manager Apps though..

Old 02-19-2019, 06:29 AM   #6
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Some boards allow sending of audio streams to each output independently. This depends on the board or sound controller. It's either there or not.
Closed Thread