Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Headset audio working but not the mic

This is a discussion on Headset audio working but not the mic within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently stumbled upon a problem where my headset's mic is not working but the audio is working perfectly

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I recently stumbled upon a problem where my headset's mic is not working but the audio is working perfectly fine. When I tried it on another computer, it works. Not too sure what is happening right now so I would appreciate some help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried to use both the front and rear audio headers of your desktop?

Do other headsets work on this PC?
Old 01-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hey man thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it I tried both the front and the back. But still the same problem. Only this PC. on my laptop its fine. I was using Siberia headset before this but when the problem came i thought the headset was spoilt ( 3 years old + anyways ) so i bought a new one ( Hyper X Cloud 2). The problem still persist. I went into the volume control for the playback and recording tabs and I see that my headset is both on default devices. Audio is registering but the Mic is not. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

See if a reinstall of the PC's audio drivers helps fix the issue.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:06 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Also check to see if the correct mic is selected as the default recording device and/or ensure that it's not muted.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer running slowly
Hello, My laptop has not been working at the rate it should be, when I play games, it has very low framerates, and when I copy stuff to my hard drive, it takes ages (7-8MB/s) when originally it worked at around 30 MB/s, Here is my Dxdiag and the link to my speccy results: ------------------...
esxu Windows 8, 8.1 Support 3 06-19-2013 02:00 AM
Headset Mic Not Working in Google talk
I recently re-installed Windows XP and all updated driveers for a Dell Inspiron B130 laptop. Since then, my old and a new headset microphone does not work as those I call can not hear me, when I use Google Talk. I've searched many sites where this problem has been described and none of the...
cpmelfi Other Hardware Support 9 05-02-2013 04:06 PM
Problems with DirectDraw Acceleration and 3D
Hey guys, I was digging through my old games yesterday and decided id start playing Age of Empires 2 again however I couldn't get the graphics to display properly. I spent a few hours following solutions online and finally got it to work after installing an older version of Directx (9c) I also...
bobby3127 PC Gaming Support 3 10-13-2011 12:33 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 01:53 AM
Missing video drivers
Right my friend was playing Sims 3 this morning and it said there was an update, so he updated and then everything just went weird, seems like the graphics card driver was uninstalled and he could play sims 3 before but after the update it said he couldn't. I tried to find the graphics card name...
Nekoh Driver Support 10 03-26-2011 04:44 PM