Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Headset/amp/soundcard question

This is a discussion on Headset/amp/soundcard question within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I want to buy a new headset and its either Sennheiser G4ME ONE or Sennheiser G4ME ZERO. The G4ME

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
I want to buy a new headset and its either Sennheiser G4ME ONE or Sennheiser G4ME ZERO.
The G4ME ONE got 50ohm and G4ME ZERO got 150 ohm.

I do NOT have either a soundcard or an amplifier, I just use the inbuilt soundcard in the motherboard.

Will 150ohm be a problem then?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

All I can say is WOW....that's a lot of cash for a headset/mic. That aside, it has the standard 3.5mm jacks to make the connection to either xbox/ps3 or PC. Either one should work just fine with that mobo.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #3
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

The 150 ohm set will not be a problem. The higher impedance means they will require slightly more power to diliver the same audio volume. It also means they will have less chance of being blown out when used with higher power sources (such amplifiers and mixboards).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Spending that much on a headset, I'd suggest a T-Amp or an aftermarket sound card geared towards headsets.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on VPN and Proxy
I have a question :flowers: Say a person browses through a VPN. However in his/her browser, he also has a different web proxy set up! Geographically, details are as follows: The person is fysically in Germany and that's where his ISP is located. The VPN is in France and has a...
johanna0507 Networking Support 8 01-28-2014 12:41 PM
On-board video-related BIOS question
Hello. My apology if I chose the wrong forum in which to post these questions; it was a toss-up between this forum and the video card forum. Perhaps question #3 of 3 is the only one that is appropriate for this forum; I included the others as well for a bit of context and will probably end up...
HotDogSD Video Card Support 8 06-19-2013 07:16 AM
[SOLVED] important excel question
I now became an encoder in a construction company and im so noob on excel compared to my fellow veteran encoders there. i have 3 important questions in excel and i hope you help me about this...( i thank you in advance for your help..) i upload 3 excel files and 3 jpeg pictures of it with...
BennyZars Microsoft Office support 3 02-01-2013 03:29 PM
Giant Question Mark
I was playing a computer game called League of Legends yesterday on my Macbook Pro, and after I closed the program I happened to look at my desktop background and saw a gigantic grey question mark in a black background covering the entire background. When I checked Desktop and Screen Saver in...
Matt J Mac Support 17 11-02-2012 09:05 AM
HDD Regenerator Question
I seen some HDD Regenerator questions in the past so thought I'd try this forum. Question 1: Does the green "R" (repaired) in HDD Regenerator mean there is no possibility of data corruption? My thought: It looks like it is fine, as in red "R" says unrecoverable bad sector, and green says...
Nvrbst Hard Drive Support 1 10-28-2012 05:21 PM