Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Headphone Jack Trouble

This is a discussion on Headphone Jack Trouble within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For a while now my sound will randomly stop working when using headphones. This happens on every browser and every

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

For a while now my sound will randomly stop working when using headphones. This happens on every browser and every program I use, and I have tried various things to fix it like update my audio drivers. Whats weirder is when I'm watching a Youtube video, if the sound stops working and I remove my headphones, the video will stop playing and if I plug my headphones back in after this occurs, it crashes the entire video. I have a video down below demonstrating this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

It could be that the sound input ports on the case are going bad....I have a case right now that did that....less then a year the ports went out.

Solution for me: I bought this Creative Worldwide Support > Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro
$40 at best buy and it was the best $40 I've ever spent.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headphone jack in, no sound
I have a Fugitsu Lifebook Series A laptop. It has always performed well in the past. I bought some higher quality Monster headphones and now no sound will come out of the headphones. It says that the phones are not plugged in when they are. I have run the troubleshooter in the control panel...
jake548 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 02-09-2014 11:53 AM
Audio Headphone jack not working
Hello, I'm new! Wonder if you guys can help me with a little problem... Sony Vaio Laptop E series Model: Sony VPCEB3MFX First off, I dropped my laptop from about 4 feet above the ground. I did a full inspection and found that everything seemed okay. What i did notice after turning on the...
Benwyn Sound Cards 3 07-25-2012 05:27 PM
Can't get the aux jack on my speakers to work with earphones
I'm not sure if something's changed with technology in the past few years, but my earphones would usually work when I plugged them into my PC's speakers. My speakers have gotten old and damaged over time, so I decided to buy new Altec ones. In the past, my earphones would work when plugged into the...
Alex_06 Other Hardware Support 2 12-05-2011 05:45 PM
[SOLVED] Front headphone jack permanently disabled.
Hi. https://i.imgur.com/oFhoV.gif My headphones are plugged in. Taking them out and putting them back in again does nothing. The front jack microphone does not do anything either. I am pretty sure it's not a hardware issue, as it happened when I was playing around with the audio settings in the...
krickit Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 13 09-27-2011 02:44 AM
Headphone jack problem?
I brought this new desktop speaker( Altec lansing VS2621 ). But when I plug in my headphone into the jack, no sound is coming out. But I am sure it is not malfunction because the first day I brought I got, I tried with the headphone and it is still working. And I did went to mess with the sound in...
werewolf16 Other Hardware Support 7 09-24-2011 09:04 AM