Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Front and rear audio ports

This is a discussion on Front and rear audio ports within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a BIOSTAR Group Hi-Fi A85S3 motherboard and use onboard sound. It has Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to bshipper

Hello,
I have a BIOSTAR Group Hi-Fi A85S3 motherboard and use onboard sound. It has Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio and I have Audio Driver Version 6.0.1.7541 which i downloaded from the realtek website that labeled the driver version r2.79.

So I had windows 7 home premium on my Tower computer and everything was working fine. I have my speakers plugged into the rear audio port. and I have my headset plugged into the front headset and mic ports. I usually just go to the speaker icon in the notification area of the taskbar, right click and choose playback devices and am able to set the headphones as the default device when i want to use my headset, or I can set the speakers as the default device when i want to use the speakers.

I decided to upgrade my 120g SSD to a 480g SSD. So I swapped out the SSD and popped in my Windows 7 cd and reinstalled windows and updated all my drivers and all that good stuff.

Now when i have my speakers plugged into the rear port and the headset is plugged in, it automatically plays out the headset and there's no option to leave the headset plugged in and play music out the speakers unless I want to play it out the speakers and the headset at the same time. My realtek hd audio manager used to have speakers for the rear port and headphones for the front port and the only thing that changed for my computer was the SSD. So now if i want to listen to speakers i have to unplug headset. I don't understand what's different. When i disable front panel jack detection as some forums have suggested, it plays out both speakers and headphones at same time. I tried the setting "seperate all input jacks as independent input devices" and nothing changes.

If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated. I know it doesn't seem like that big of a problem, and i could just plug in headset if i wanted to use it and unplug it if i didn't. The reason that it is a problem for me is because I have my tower behind my desk in an area where my 2 year old can't get to it so I liked how it was before when I could just click and change between the two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The way it's working now is how it should work (ie: normal default behavior). I don't know if it simply had some sort of glitch before and always recognized both, or if it was driver version related.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

DeActivate the 'Mute the rear output device when a front headphone plugged in' under the advanced settings menu. < Should stop the rear port not working when the front port is used.

Click on the 'Disable Front Panel Jack Detection' button. < as noted above, allows front/rear to function at the same time.

Closed Thread