Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Dell Optiplex Only Playing At Half Sound

This is a discussion on Dell Optiplex Only Playing At Half Sound within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Dell OptiPlex 760 w\Intel duo Core 3.0 with 4GB of DDR2 and a 1 TB HD. I

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

I have a Dell OptiPlex 760 w\Intel duo Core 3.0 with 4GB of DDR2 and a 1 TB HD. I have been to the Dell site and looked for specs to find out what kind of audio is in this but can't find anything. I plug in the current speakers, headphones, or brand new speakers and it is about a fourth to half of what the volume should be. All internal settings say they are at full blast. I've used Dell's system checker along with another one and they say the audio is fine but it's not and I can't seem to get anywhere with it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver which is a R304507 from Dells site. Do not know what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Clanny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

i see on the dell site the driver is R228255 for 32bit and r228257 for 64bit os

Product Support | Dell US

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

I'm sorry I posted the wrong audio Driver number. I have reinstalled the 64 bit r228257 and it hasn't fixed it. Still struggling to figure this out. I just found the icon to Device Mngr in a folder in Documents. I can't seem to find out where on the computer it's suppose to be and if I can just put it back there. I also have a Reseal to Audit, Reseal to OOBE, and Run DMC on my Desktop which I have no idea where they came from. I went into my Permissions for Parameters and saw there is a red icon by an entry there that says: Account Unknown (5-1-5-32-556) Then the 'Read' is checked but the Special Permissions is checked but grayed out so it can't be changed. Don't know what this means but usually if there is a yellow of red mark by an icon it's not good. Can anyone help ? Thanks, clanny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

What is the audio chipset status in Device Manager?

Assuming it's "OK", and as you have reinstalled the drivers, it's possible there is a hardware fault.

Have you checked the advanced audio volume controls as well?

Closed Thread