Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

COMM PORTS ARE NOT RECOGNIZED

This is a discussion on COMM PORTS ARE NOT RECOGNIZED within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi i need help. Please check the attached images. I set up a console connection from Catalyst 4500-X Series to

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

hi i need help.
Please check the attached images.
I set up a console connection from Catalyst 4500-X Series to my Acer Aspire E14 in my comm port. However, there is still an error sign on it denoted by an exclamation mark enclosed in a triangle. In other computers, the Ports (COM & LPT) automatically detects what comm ports have USB connections.

In the device status of Communications Port. it displays a device status,
"Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration. (Code 34)".

I really don't get what's missing or wrong in my laptop.
Please help.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2017, 12:53 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

please do not cross post on multiple forums
closing this post and your others
Just continue here
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...d-1200841.html

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
configuring wireless controller - S7500E module
hi all, i have this switch and wireless access controller - https://whostheman.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/h3c_wireless_technical_overview.pdf im having great difficulty configuring it, here is what i have done so far configuring it wise and i want to ask a couple questions - heres my...
robertkwild Networking Support 12 02-07-2017 12:03 PM
All USB ports have failed: XP-SP3
Hi folks. Having just destroyed the piggy bank and bought a new Windows 8.1 PC, I'm preparing my old XP-SP3 machine to give to my mother. I'm not reinstalling XP as I have no idea where the disks are after all this time. Just had a big cleanup of the drive and have got most things sorted out,...
Rosie-L Windows XP Support 15 09-30-2014 07:47 AM
2 Front USB Ports not Functioning
I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to create this thread, but it seems to be a hardware issue. I have 6 total USB ports, 4 in the back and 2 in the front. All 4 are being used in the back but I need to use a flash drive occasionally. It'd be preferable to be able to use the front 2...
bushwhacker2k Other Hardware Support 5 11-29-2012 09:55 PM
reassign comm ports under W7 SP1
Hi, One of my ports does not accept any other USB keys but the first one used to install the logitech mouse. So I'd like to free this port in order to use it for another need, just for convenience because also my comm ports number is limited. thanks JG
jgaude Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 08-08-2011 12:41 PM
Need 27 ports for Network, can i use 2 16 port NONSTACKABLE?
Ok i need about 27 ports for my network and have about a $250 - $260 Budget. i was thinking of connecting two 16 port switches as that would give me the needed ports 1x router, 1x switch2, and 1x switch1. Therefore leaving me with 29 ports. i know with my budget i will not be able to get...
DjFlipnautikz Networking Support 2 06-09-2011 07:18 AM