Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Asus Sound Card & Bluetooth

This is a discussion on Asus Sound Card & Bluetooth within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have the bluetooth connected and all good, theAsus Xonar Essence STX II sound card installed, the stereo sound from

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have the bluetooth connected and all good, theAsus Xonar Essence STX II sound card installed, the stereo sound from my spks, sounds very nice in deed.
HOWEVER
With the sound card came some software, very easy to install and easy to use. BUT when I use the bluetooth the sound by passes my asus sound card and I think I'm listening to the motherboard's on board sound ?
certainly when I use the asus sound card software whilst listening via bluetooth, the software does nothing, I can mute, increase volume, 5.1 7.1 etc and it make no diffrence,
What am I doing wrong, I went into the bois (motherboard MSI Z170A Skylake M7 Gaming ATX SLI) and disabled HD audio, still the same.
there are front panel connector pins on the side of the sound card, they say for front panel connection, unsure of this, ?
Really was looking forward to listening to music in the lounge, (bluetooth) however not getting Asus sound card has "I imagine" taking some of the polish from the experience.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

How are you receiving the Bluetooth signal? From what device?
Old 10-11-2016, 03:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
How are you receiving the Bluetooth signal? From what device?
Sennheiser Urbanite XL Bluetooth Over the ear Headphones....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi Magician777

Sadly this is one of those 'things' that the designers seem to have given a low priority to - Both my old Motorola h'phones and my new KS-'Manhattan' h'phones have the same flaw, not being able to tweak the Bluetooth audio-quality. Fortunately they both had/have a listenable sound quality anyway. I don't have the equipment to test with, but I suspect the audio is transmitted with a totally 'flat' response i.e. completely level sliders on the graphic-equaliser, no bass or treble boost, just raw sound from the source. Any improvement comes from the listening-device like decently tuned h'phones, of which Sennheiser is usually excellent.

I've googled high and low for a cure/workaround but so far there's diddly-squat, except for lots of other folks with the same problem looking for answers.

Oh, re: your other query about the front-panel header on the card, yep it's for the audio-in/out sockets on the PC case-front

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Old 10-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBo View Post
Hi Magician777

Sadly this is one of those 'things' that the designers seem to have given a low priority to - Both my old Motorola h'phones and my new KS-'Manhattan' h'phones have the same flaw, not being able to tweak the Bluetooth audio-quality. Fortunately they both had/have a listenable sound quality anyway. I don't have the equipment to test with, but I suspect the audio is transmitted with a totally 'flat' response i.e. completely level sliders on the graphic-equaliser, no bass or treble boost, just raw sound from the source. Any improvement comes from the listening-device like decently tuned h'phones, of which Sennheiser is usually excellent.

I've googled high and low for a cure/workaround but so far there's diddly-squat, except for lots of other folks with the same problem looking for answers.

Oh, re: your other query about the front-panel header on the card, yep it's for the audio-in/out sockets on the PC case-front

Many thanx, when listening to some music, I feel there should be more of it, so your answer make complete sense........
Old 10-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #6
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician777 View Post
Sennheiser Urbanite XL Bluetooth Over the ear Headphones....

What is providing the Bluetooth? What device?
Old 10-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
What is providing the Bluetooth? What device?
If I get what your meaning I use the PC sorry if I am on the wrong track.
I use the usb connection on my pc,
I can store so much music on a ssd drive, and have easy access to all my music files.
quality of sound is pretty high......
Old 10-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Audio output over BT does not route through the audio chipset, or in this case, the Asus Xonar. Path would be storage, player, BT adapter. The same would apply to USB: storage, player, USB controller.

To take advantage of your sound card, the headphones would need to be connected to the sound card.

Your only options of controlling the audio, will be whatever adjustments are provided by the player.

Closed Thread