02-14-2014, 04:43 AM
Join Date: Feb 2014
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
I have very strange problem with sound on my Medion Akoya laptop. It started maybe 3 weeks ago when after approx. 2 minutes of use soud suddenly stops. What is weird is that the sound can be restored if I do following:
- plug/unplug the headphones
- simply by clicking on another tab in sound preferences
- by clicking on anything in SPDIF preferences
- refreshing stream video
If I do anything above, sound comes back for maybe 30 second and than again stops working. In sound preferences all tests show that the sound should work.
Sound works perfectly normal with headphones or if I conecct it by HDMI with my Toshiba TV.
Just my amateur thinking, maybe the system cannot decide to which outout the sound should go, so it wants to send it to external sound device even though it is not connected.
What I tried so far (with no success):
- updating sound drivers
- restoring system to earlier date
- callilng Medion tech support (it's like asking my grandmother, I thought worth a shot))
Any help would be highly appreciated because it is frustrating to refresh every 30 secs to keep the sound going.