Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

1 Sided Earphone

This is a discussion on 1 Sided Earphone within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, i'm new here and was wondering if anyone knew how i could fix my problem.. I'm using a

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys, i'm new here and was wondering if anyone knew how i could fix my problem..
I'm using a pair of headphones that only has one.. One from stores like Walmart, etc that they use for radio's.. It works around 50% of the time.. i have to keep refreshing/re-opening Chrome for it to randomly work..
Any ideas how to make it work 100% of the time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Sounds like it might be an loose or dirty connection(s) and/or broken wire(s).

Did you try plugging it it a few times to see if that might help clean the connection?

When the sound stops, if you wiggle the wire(s) and/or unplug it and plug it back in does it work then?

If it's a hardware problem, no amount of fiddling around with the software is going to fix it.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

The sound problem only happens with video players on Facebook and YT.. my windows sounds and everything else works 100% of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Since Windows sounds are usually intermittent, how would you know when the headphone is or is not actually working? (I'm just saying).

Does the same problem occur when running from a "Live" USB key/flash drive?
A "Live" USB flash drive contains a complete bootable computer operating system (OS). When you boot a computer from it, this OS loads into, and then runs from the computer's memory instead of booting from the OS on your hard drive. This allows you to run a different OS without installing it or making any changes to your computer's current configuration.

To create one of these, download an ISO file containing the OS you want to use, such as Ubuntu, Slax or Zorin, then use something like Rufus to burn that ISO file to a USB key/flash drive

Now boot your computer from this USB key/flash drive and your computer will be running the OS on it instead of the one on your hard drive. Use the included web browser to surf Facebook and YouTube and see if the same problem occurs.

When you're done, simply remove the USB key/flash drive and reboot your PC from the hard drive.
If the problem persists even when running a different OS, then the issue is probably hardware related.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

I just assume that it's "not working" when i'm browsing YouTube and one video it works and the next it doesn't.. and normally when it goes from not working to working at the start of the video there's a slight pause..
Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

Does the same problem occur when running from a "Live" USB key/flash drive?
Old 02-15-2017, 04:21 AM   #7
Registered Member

Nope, everything works perfectly fine except this.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:11 AM   #8
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

Which browser did you use?
Closed Thread