Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Gadget Support

User Tag List

Watch Help?

This is a discussion on Watch Help? within the Gadget Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Probably a long shot but I figured someone might be able to help with my wrist watch. I bought it

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 06:42 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Probably a long shot but I figured someone might be able to help with my wrist watch. I bought it at Walmart some time ago. I use it for work. It's an hour behind because of day lights saving time, and the dates one off because of leap year, and I'm stuck on military time. And don't have the instructions, lol.

TGHK AW 91-754 is all that's on the back. Anyhow I figured a manual would be simple to get and can't seem to find one online. Threw searching the information on the back on google I've found this.

light start/stop

mode reset

Are the buttons I believe.

"Mode Reset

While looking at the time, hold in the Light and Reset buttons at the same time with 2 fingers from your left hand. This will put the alarm time in the display. While still holding those 2 buttons down, use you right hand to press the Start button. This will cause the alarm signal to go away (or go on if it off when you do it). Problem Solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This worked perfect for the alarm, however the poster doesn't describe any other instructions on fixya.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Sounds complicated....... My watch has the old dial and hands with a date indicator that I haven't set for ages.....

Maybe this link will help:

Walmart Advance watch instructions : The Testimony of Thomas
Old 03-26-2016, 06:54 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

that sounds old! =P I need a digital read cause I need to check minutes fast because I use my watch for cooking.

That link worked great! And I couldn't find that ANYWHERE!

You fellas over here never sees to amaze me. Help with my digital watch! Thank you so much. It's gonna be a great day at work now that my date, and hours are correct and I'm not in military time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #4
Administrator
TSF Manager

Great to hear you've got your watch set the way you need it.......

Professional cook?? I can see the need for an accurate watch in that case. The kids drove me bonkers the way they timed things in the kitchen......clock watchers..... I have a digital timer that I set and just listen for the beep.....I calculate and set additional times as needed. Shortest time first and do a quick reset for later items. 6min time vs 10min time I add 4min after the first time is met. Mines easy and it's an older timer on my GE Americana (1989). No adjusting up/down with buttons like most of today's appliances.....direct set with numerical keypad.

If you're where you say you are, I haven't been down that way since '96. My late father had a place in Bradenton and late FiL lived in Deland.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Nice. Ya, I don't always use my watch but when I'm say, dropping things in 8 different fryers it's easier to know a time on a couple of them as oppose to taking the time to check if say a wing is done. I use it for fish on grill if I'm super busy on grill too. :) Very helpful.

I actually stayed in downtown Deland when I was doing my couch hopping adventures back in like, 2005. It's an interesting place. I see you're in Ohio. Just last November I relocated from Mackinaw City, MI to here in Merritt Island. I used to enjoy visiting Columbus frequently. They have this awesome lil' bar downtown called 8 bit. The interior walls are lined with old vintage arcade cabinets and they are all free to play as long as you're drinking. The drinks are a hair over priced but that's to be expected for non stop free Mortal Kombat 2 and Super Street Fighter!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
Administrator
TSF Manager

Sounds like you're pretty busy at work. I worked at the only pizza shop in Westerville when I was in high school........long ago..... We had busy nights but everything was cooked 'by eye' and no new fangled belt or carousel ovens.......oven was a one person job with a double decker, and a single was fired up for weekends. Yep, if you're in the kitchen you gotta move fast with precise timing or you're losing customers.

8 Bit or 16 Bit?? I located 16 Bit on South 4th street.....in our Brewery District. I haven't really been Downtown since '99 after I left commercial carpentry. Last bar I went to was in Sunbury, Ohio......~'07. Too expensive for an old miser......

We used to travel through your area as we drove from Winter Park to the Cape for a fishing trip on a party boat. Or, we'd just take a drive to Jetty Park for some salt water fishing.......maybe hit the Banana River or other areas where a fishing license wasn't required (at least back then).

Quite a bit of difference in climate from Mi to Fla......Mackinaw City is getting pretty far north in the Wolverine state. My sister lives in Mosinee, Wis and that's far enough north for me......I was born in Central Ohio and haven't left.

Oh well, all my cooking is for family now and not much of that going on. My son shares the cooking chores......his former wife could barely boil water for Kraft MacNCheese. Actually, 3 of my sons do a pretty good job in the kitchen.....the oldest is the cook for his fire station...... The 4th son never took an interest in cooking.......including manning the outdoor grill....
Old 04-05-2016, 06:27 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Must be 16 bit. ;) Cool place. Ya saltwater fishing is fun. I haven't been out surf fishing since like March. I used to take the charter boats out in Destin when I lived in Fort Walton Beach and we'd catch our limit on snapper every time.

Ya, I liked the weather in Mackinaw. Specially compared to FL. But just didn't have any reason to stay up there. Everyone needs to know how to man the outdoor grill.

Btw the watch having the right time has been a dream.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:50 AM   #8
Administrator
TSF Manager

Went on a weekender out of Tampa and traveled 100 miles into the Gulf. The trip was so remarkable that the Orlando Sentinel made mention of it. Easter weekend ~'78 and we got skunked bad......I think it was the worst catch in history. I did manage to snag an octopus......while tending my G-father's line. We kept moving from spot to spot and the fish were there but not biting. Captain wasted lots of fuel to no avail.

The weather's not treating us too nicely right now......25F this morning.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:18 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I used to live in Fort Walton Beach. I love the gulf. It's so much nicer than the east coast. Did you deep fry it and eat it? Just kidding. :D Ouch. That's tough weather but also the kind I like.
Closed Thread