Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Yoville connection Problem

This is a discussion on Yoville connection Problem within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. OK this problem has me so confused. I have an Acer Laptop. When I am at home I can connect

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

OK this problem has me so confused.

I have an Acer Laptop. When I am at home I can connect to yoville just fine.

While I am at my mother in laws I cannot connect to yoville on my laptop.

here is where it is weird. Both my mother in law and i have Acer laptops. A few months ago we were both able to use our laptops and log into yoville just fine at her house. At that time the Toshiba laptop could not connect to yoville. Now neither her or I can log into Yoville on are Acer laptops. We keep getting connection error. The Toshiba laptop now connects to yoville. We can also use the Desktop to connect to yoville. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. We are not sure if it is something in the settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

Are your drivers updated? Also, I'm going to assume the problem laptops are running Windows 7.

If I don't reply within two days PM me as I sometimes get busy and forget threads.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes as far as i know my drivers are uptodate. Yoville works on my laptop at my house but not at my mother in laws. I am not sure if it her router or what. I also believe her laptop is windows 7. A few months ago both of ours worked just fine at her home now neither do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
2xg
TSF Team, Emeritus

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello,

I have been asked to provide assistance here.

I wonder if the wireless network in your mother in-law's place is more restricted. We have a Netgear Dual Band router, I'm the only one that can access and control the settings. There's a Parental Control (in-built) which I enabled and it's in the highest level mode. A lot of sites even Social Networking sites are blocked.

What happens if you are wired directly to the Modem, bypassing the Router?

You may also try changing from your computer's WLAN settings and use the Google DNS as the secondary DNS. Here's the guide. Now, see if you can access the site.
Closed Thread