Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Xbox One Nat Strict- Arris TG1672 - Tried Most

This is a discussion on Xbox One Nat Strict- Arris TG1672 - Tried Most within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So i first noticed my just bought xbox one was on a strict nat when i found myself in gta

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

So i first noticed my just bought xbox one was on a strict nat when i found myself in gta online lobbies completely alone. I went into my settings and sure enough of course the nat was strict. I can still play online but its a hassle. I looked online for all possible solutions to a strict nat and this is what ive tried: (none of these worked) The firewall was "disabled" the whole time

1: port forwarding (adding virtual servers) all xbox one live and gtao ports to a static ip i chose for xbone. (192.168.0.9)

2: turning everything off and on again (yes i waited 30 seconds), clearing networks on xbone, switching from ethernet to wifi(5 ghz) and back.

3: enabling gmz for the xbox (i cleared the ports i forwarded from before)

4: upnp (actually on the whole time anyway so no difference)

5: Switching from fast turn on to energy saving power off because i read that it fucks with the upnp

Nada. The provider is optimum and the router/modem (one of those 3 in one things) is an arris TG1672. Thats the only thing so theres no double nat layer.

I have an extra linksys router but its 2.5ghz and I don't want to hastle setting up some bridge mode and calling optimum. Please help there has to be some other way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

You're thread has been moved to Networking support.

If they are slow in responding, you may "bump" the post or contact a Networking team member:

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...d-1042689.html
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] XBOX 360 NAT STRICT 2 ROUTERS
OK so heres the story. I have a 2in1 Modem and Wireless Router (Netgear CG3101D), I am running an ethernet cable off of that into a WIRED Linksys router (BEFSR41) in another room. I then want to run an ethernet cable from the wired linksys router into an xbox 360. However I just cant get the xbox...
stephenandreww Networking Support 8 12-12-2011 08:51 AM
Xbox Ports Opened, But Still Strict Nat Type?!
Hello :( Basically I just made a static IP address for my Xbox 360 and forwarded the ports that Xbox Live reccommends to be forwarded, yet I still get a warning saying that my nat type is strict and when I go onto Call of Duty Black Ops it still says its Strict? But the thing is, when I had a...
Dan_UK Networking Support 2 09-06-2011 08:04 AM
Xbox Ports Opened, But Still Strict Nat Type?!
Hello :( Basically I just made a static IP address for my Xbox 360 and forwarded the ports that Xbox Live reccommends to be forwarded, yet I still get a warning saying that my nat type is strict and when I go onto Call of Duty Black Ops it still says its Strict? But the thing is, when I had a...
Dan_UK Online/Network Gaming Support 0 09-06-2011 05:10 AM
Port Forwarding on ZyXel Router to Enable XBox 360 Live to Connect. NAT is STRICT
I have a ZyXel router Model Number: P660-HW-T1 and am experiencing difficulties with the NAT settings. Specifically when I try and connect to my XBox 360 Live. The XBox tells me the NAT settings are set to strict, (and should be open). What I have done so far on the ZyXel router is enable the...
riverbird69 Console Gaming Support 8 04-18-2011 06:16 AM
NAT Issues - XBox and PS3
Hi All, One of the most common questions regarding Xbox Live and the 360/Original Xbox relates to NAT, people either have a strict or moderate NAT setting which doesn't make for the best playing experience, or they have Open but have "over configured" their router meaning it still doesn't work...
GMAN990 Console Gaming Support 1 02-07-2011 03:22 PM