Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

xbox app unable to connect to xbox when off network (previously worked)

This is a discussion on xbox app unable to connect to xbox when off network (previously worked) within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all, I was unsure if this should go into windows 10, console, networking or where. Prior to last weeks

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi all,
I was unsure if this should go into windows 10, console, networking or where.
Prior to last weeks update to my xbox one, I un-enrolled from the beta program because my downloads were so slow *known issue for some.* I also did this on my one x. Last week I went to work and could not for the life of me connect on my laptop to the xbox one using the windows 10 app. Since the xbox app came out I have successfully connected to my xbox one from all over the country. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to fix this. I have friends who are doing this same thing successfully as I type.
Basic information.
Console: xbox one (day one edition)
connection: xbox - wired
provider: verizon fios
connection for laptop: wifi or wired (no access to router at work)
latop: windows 10 pro 17134.648 build

Currently, the xbox is set to a static IP address with manual information entered on the xbox and the IP set on the DMZ of the verizon router. When I try to connect on the laptop from off home network (like now) it says no xbox with that IP can be found. I can test on my home network using teamviewer and my home desktop can see both xboxes fine and stream. The xbox seems to be acting like it is not in the dmz of the router. When I home I can sit on my laptop and play using the xbox app successfully.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Simple port forwarding in the past did not work well in the past. I can certainly try that, though. I also am open to using a vpn if that is the best option (I know dmz is certainly not super safe.)

thank you for reading.
If this post is better served elsewhere feel free to move it or I can post it there.
thank you!
PS
if there are other options for doing this I would be open to it. I am looking into parsec.

thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redirect virus, bcod, and missing drive path after recovery
A few days ago after running a google search I was being directed elsewhere from my results. I figured it was a redirect virus since I'd had one a couple months ago that led to the first bsod. I rebooted in safe mode and I used TDSSKiller to remove it then and it worked out, or so I thought. ...
CDub1980 Resolved HJT Threads 23 06-28-2012 08:43 PM
Apple approves fake iPhone app for App Store
Apple let a fake app slip through its approval process for the iOS App Store, the makers of the popular Camera+ program said over the weekend. Security researchers who noted the slip-up did not know whether the bogus app contained malware because they had been unable to grab a copy before Apple...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 01-23-2012 12:44 PM
Smartphone app stores should standardise security, EU Agency says
Smartphone platforms and the app stores that serve them should conform to an agreed, industry-wide set of security principles in order to safeguard their users, a new report from EU cybersecurity agency ENISA has argued. Most of the ENISA’s (European Network and Information Security Agency)...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 09-13-2011 12:26 PM
Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible
This was not written by me, the views expressed are solely those of the writer. In short the Xbox 360 will be (for the most part) backwards compatible. but one thing I don't get is how these morons can't figure out that the new Xbox 360 is going to cost... dun dun dun dun... $360. They keep...
40sondacurb Console Gaming Support 12 10-01-2005 12:43 AM
Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility
This was not written by me, the views expressed are solely those of the writer. In short the Xbox 360 will be (for the most part) backwards compatible. but one thing I don't get is how these morons can't figure out that the new Xbox 360 is going to cost... dun dun dun dun... $360. They keep...
40sondacurb Offline 0 06-08-2005 01:17 AM