Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently got a new router. It works with all my other consoles but when I went to go configure

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently got a new router. It works with all my other consoles but when I went to go configure the settings and test the connection on my xbox 360 it fails connecting to xbox live. The 360 connects to the router and internet just fine but it can't get a response from xbox live.

I tried port forwarding the ports that the 360 needs to have open for xbox live but still no luck. I managed to look at the logs in my router and seen that my router was registering the 360 connecting to xbox live as a DoS attack and thus denying the connection.

I don't know why this would be happening nor do I know any solutions to this.

The router that I have is a Netgear WNDR4300v2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
I recently got a new router. It works with all my other consoles but when I went to go configure the settings and test the connection on my xbox 360 it fails connecting to xbox live. The 360 connects to the router and internet just fine but it can't get a response from xbox live.

I tried port forwarding the ports that the 360 needs to have open for xbox live but still no luck. I managed to look at the logs in my router and seen that my router was registering the 360 connecting to xbox live as a DoS attack and thus denying the connection.

I don't know why this would be happening nor do I know any solutions to this.

The router that I have is a Netgear WNDR4300v2
Enable DMZ towards the static IP address belonging to your Xbox 360.
Closed Thread