02-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Join Date: Feb 2011
OS: Mac OSX 10.6.6
1) ISP: Bell Canada
2) Location (State/Province): Toronto, ON, Canada
3) Modem make and model: Siemens SpeedStream 4200 DIR
4) Router make and model: D-Link N+300 Xtreme N Gigabit Router DIR-655
5) Approximate date issue was first noted: Around the start of the new year.
6) Approximate time of day latency occurs: Specifically in raids, Friday and Saturday nights 8pm (CST) on Mal'Ganis US
7) Any special factors for consideration: I've tried almost everything, I bought a new router, tried hardwiring, nothing seems to work.
8) Detailed description of issue: Experiencing high ping in general 150-1000 from my usual 30-90 when not in raids. Specifically when raiding, or even when in the general zone of a raid (let's say within 150yrds of BoT or BWD) my ping climbs and climbs, then comes back down, then when engaging a boss, I will disconnect anywhere from 5-60 seconds in.
9) Results of pathping to your realm server:
Last login: Sun Feb 27 15:57:41 on ttys000
Macbook-Pro:~ BeyondHuman$ traceroute 22.214.171.124
traceroute to 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1) 7.018 ms 1.484 ms 1.553 ms
2 192.168.2.1 (192.168.2.1) 1.911 ms 1.931 ms 1.829 ms
3 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 170.334 ms 151.467 ms 179.473 ms
4 dis47-toronto63_vlan114.net.bell.ca (18.104.22.168) 167.279 ms 195.882 ms 182.153 ms
5 bx5-chicagodt_xe3-1-0-0.net.bell.ca (22.214.171.124) 444.105 ms 186.862 ms 172.350 ms
6 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 206.725 ms 161.860 ms 182.728 ms
7 cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net (184.108.40.206) 168.967 ms 109.905 ms 164.838 ms
8 cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net (220.127.116.11) 196.675 ms 124.873 ms 137.986 ms
9 cr83.n54ny.ip.att.net (18.104.22.168) 150.594 ms 115.318 ms 131.134 ms
10 gar20.n54ny.ip.att.net (22.214.171.124) 130.768 ms 138.352 ms 184.928 ms
11 12-122-254-114.attens.net (126.96.36.199) 141.687 ms 168.017 ms 136.759 ms
12 mdf001c7613r0003-gig-10-1.nyc3.attens.net (188.8.131.52) 101.035 ms 179.767 ms 195.855 ms
I copied this directly from the World of Warcraft support forum outline, but it's more a forum to complain about internet issues in unison with others rather than to actually receive help on the issue, so I thought I would bring it here.
Anyway, as I'm sure you've read above I'm experiencing high ping in general 150-1000 from my usual 30-90 when not in raids. Specifically when raiding, or even when in the general zone of a raid (let's say within 150yrds of Bastion of Twilight or Blackwing Descent) my ping climbs and climbs, then comes back down, then when engaging a boss, I will disconnect anywhere from 5-60 seconds in. I've truly tried everything that google and other forums could tell me... I reset my old router multiple times, played with it to the point that I didn't think it was usable anymore. My suspicion that it was a problem with the router, but unfortunately it wasn't. I bought a new router just yesterday, I even set the settings so it prioritizes World of Warcraft traffic, but this is still an issue, and I'm really stumped in terms of what to do next. I've contacted my ISP, and all they'll tell me to do is restart/reset the router, and when that doesn't work, there's not much else they can do.
Any help or advice would be great.
Thanks in advance