Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Team viewer port forwarding support please.

This is a discussion on Team viewer port forwarding support please. within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm posting this because when I play on xbox live I commonly have a moderate (sometimes strict) N.A.T. type. I

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm posting this because when I play on xbox live I commonly have a moderate (sometimes strict) N.A.T. type. I have comcast internet and am using a linksys router and have tried to open the ports myself but since I still get moderate and strict I guess I have been doing it wrong.

I've tested my connection and when I go through my router I have a 17-23mbps dl connection, but if I go straight through my modem, I have a solid 34-39mbps dl connection. I know this is a pretty fast connection compared to other people but if I try to host a lobby It is slow for people to connect to me even with these download speeds. I'm also much more laggy than my friends on xbox who have tested their speed and are only running around a 10-15mbps. Help me please.

-Thanks, Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi Ryan and welcome to TSF!
Can you post the exact make and model of your modem? Also, is the NAT open or moderate when you connect directly to the modem?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, thanks for replying. I have comcast as my isp, a ubee D3.0 modem and a new netgear n750 router. My connection is always open through direct modem, and has always been open since i got this new router yesterday. My connection through this router is just as fast as straight through modem, and with less ping. I have 37mbps download, around 6.5 upload, 15ping, 0% packet loss, and 1 'jitter' from a internet test website. Only problem now is that when I host a server or a game (xbox 360 for example) it is veeeery slow for new people to connect or for me to connect to people and im not sure why. I have an open nat and im not lagging at all during the game, its just that people dont connect nearly as fast as they should. I havent opened the ports on this new router if that would be a cause, but my nat is open. Could you msg me on windows live?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Is your current setup like this: modem>Netgear router>network devices? You stated in your first post you tried opening the ports on a linksys router. Are you now just using the Netgear router?

Also, we try to keep all assistance here on the forum.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
Registered Member

Sorry about not posting back for a little but yes that is how it is. When i first posted this i was running through a linksys, but i bought a new netgear and its the same problem. Its a brand new router and my connection is fine but people are still faaar slower than they should be to connect to me.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

I'm not sure if your modem is functioning just as a modem or a modem/router combo.
On the status page of the Netgear router, check the WAN/Internet IP address that is displayed, and compare it with the address shown at What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address. Are they the same or different?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #7
Registered Member

I am like 90% sure that the modem is NOT doubling as a router, and checked the ip's and they are the same.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Ok. Can you post a screenshot of the page where you forwarded in the router? Also, did you make sure the ports were opened to the Xbox's IP address?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
Registered Member

I tried to open the ports, but I was confused on the part where you set up an ip for your xbox.It would be nice if you could go on teamview and set up the router and xbox ip for me, or explain it. I tried finding other explanations and I didnt understand.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

The IP address for the Xbox can be found from Settings>Network in the Xbox. However, to ensure your Xbox's IP address does not change, it would be best to set a static IP address.
Closed Thread