Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Suddenly experiencing high lag in all games?

This is a discussion on Suddenly experiencing high lag in all games? within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, I've been searching the forums for a bit, but to no avail. The past couple of days, I've

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there,

I've been searching the forums for a bit, but to no avail. The past couple of days, I've been experiencing extremely high lag in all games, to the point of unplayable (around 300-2000ms, when usually i'm around 17-30). I am on wireless and a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. I know a direct connection would be easiest to diagnose the issue, but I don't have a wire to use currently and I have not had any issues being wireless until this point. All of the other devices in the household have had no issues whatsoever, including my PS4 which is wireless also. Nothing has really changed other than the fact that I got a new keyboard recently (i'm pretty sure that's disconnected from my issues)

I know that running winMTR is a good way to diagnose the issue. However, I need some help drawing some conclusions from my results, I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight on my problem? I attached a picture below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test1.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	295217  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have any trouble when watching online video or playing local games? This issue is only when playing multiplayer?
Old 10-26-2016, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey,

Thank you for the welcome and reply

The issue is definitely only when I'm playing multiplayer games. Even browsing the internet, watching videos online (including live streams) and things like that are completely normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
Registered Member

I've reinstalled my wireless adapter and things have gotten slightly better in numbers, but games are still unplayable. Here's an updated report

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Old 10-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #5
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Follow this here and post in the Networking section:

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...es-573730.html
Closed Thread