Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Sudden Lag For All Games That Require Internet Connection

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Sudden Lag For All Games That Require Internet Connection within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys hope you can help me with this as it is very annoying. Right this started happening a few

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys hope you can help me with this as it is very annoying.

Right this started happening a few days ago, i first noticed when playing planetside 2 it ran fine for the first 10 minutes then it lagged and got very jumpy for about 10-20 secs this happens every 1min and 10-15 secs as i timed the intervals. So its fine for first 10 min then it lags every minute so as you may amangine very fustrating !!! thought it was just planetside so i switch games to starcraft 2 and did the exact same thing even on solo when im not playing multiplayer.

Thought it was my wireless network card so i got my ethernet cable plugged it into the router and into my computer but nothing happended it contined to do it. Now my brother who lives with me isnt getting this problem so it isnt the internet connection. Very confused, could it be a hardware problem/error ???

Any help would be great, thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!

Try doing the troubleshooting steps from the "Gaming troubleshooting steps" link in my signature. In addition, please post your system specs (CPU, RAM, video card, sound card, DirectX version, desktop, or laptop).

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Registered Member

Please post your System specs so that we can have a general idea with regards to your problem. It might be one of your components bottle necking the other one.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CPU at 100% most of the time.
Hi guys, Lately I have been having a problem with my PC. On several occasions my PC has slowed right down and virtually ground to a halt. When I've checked it with Task Manager, it shows that the processor is running at 100%, and that there are over 40 processes running at once. This can happen...
Hairymartin1966 Resolved HJT Threads 35 08-09-2013 11:33 AM
Internet connectivity issue, dropped connection, time out's, and major game lag
Hello, I'm new to these forums and have never posted before I read over the rules just to make sure everything I posted was fine. Sorry in advance for the length of the post I just figured I should give as much info as possible in one shot, anything I wasn't sure about I just posted anyway just to...
Slimetimelive Networking Support 6 03-18-2013 02:47 PM
Rootkit Issue
I recently downloaded two small utility programs and they both did their job. After I had, my default browser page became isearch.babylon and tried but failed to sort that. Then my superantispyware told me "A serious rootkit was detected on your machine" message and telling me I had to reboot to...
RayCee Resolved HJT Threads 19 10-04-2012 12:27 PM
Computer Virus/Trojan Problems
Amateur. First may I thank you for responding to my request for help. I have compiled the following List of Problems that I am aware of on my computer. Windows is being stopped from updating. Trend Micro is being stopped from updating.
Jack Willday Inactive Malware Help Topics 65 07-13-2011 12:57 AM
Computer Games Lag on a 10MBPS connection?
Hello TSF, First of all, I love the new design.. I thought I was at the wrong site at first.... Anyway, I've had an internet connection set up at my house for quite some time, and recently I have noticed that my online games have begun to lag. And I know it is not due to my hardware, it is...
brandonio21 Networking Support 4 06-19-2011 08:57 AM