Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] screen black

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] screen black within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I know nothing about computors as I just enjoy playing games, e-mail and reading the news. Every time I have

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

I know nothing about computors as I just enjoy playing games, e-mail and reading the news.

Every time I have tried to play a game from Free Ride Games my computer just shuts down and goes black. I guess you might say it lets me play for about 30 to 40 min.? I need help. Thank you for reading this and I hope I can get an answer. I have a Dell and it is about 5 yrs old. Windows Vista and AMD Sempron is what it says on the laptop. Thanks for trying to help me in advance.
Soccer Coach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

Exclamation

please give more details,no bsod? ..Check details in eventviewer ..

does it run in safemode without a hitch?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

Elex Thanks for the response but I cannot see where the eventviewer is! But the comp. is running even on home page and about 40min. the whole thing shuts off. Just like if I had shut it down. Wait a few min. and then I can start up again. Sorry I am stupid when it comes to comp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Vista Home Premium sp2, Ubuntu desktop 10.10, puppy linux, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My System

Hi soccercoach1234,
Wecome to TSF :) Hope to get your problem solved. Could you please post your system temperatures using a program such as speed fan. I think you could be suffering from an overheating issue.

Speed fan: SpeedFan - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

Best of Luck,
Seal.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey mate, Welcome to TSF,

Seal's on to something I believe.

Since you aren't a PC enthusiast (in terms of the Hardware etc), I doubt you have cleaned out your PC since you got it.

Your best bet would be to clean it by removing the dust inside it (using a compressed air canister) and cleaning the fans somehow.

Be careful if you do open the case and manually clean it however.

Also, try Seal's suggestion.

Hope this works,
-Redeye
Old 06-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thank you all!!!! I will try the can of spray. The computor sounds like it is breathing very heavy. I wil let you know if it works.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
TSF-Enthusiast

My System

Most likely a dust congestion inside the fans and around the case. As Redeye said, a can of compressed air should be able to blow out all of the dust. I recommend cleaning it out from time to time, and keeping your computer in a well ventilated area.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
Registered Member

Thanks to all of you!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #10
Registered Member

Hey Guys!!! Thanks the computor is now up and running thanks to all of you. Hope to talk to all of you under better circumstances.
Julie
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #11
TSF-Enthusiast

My System

Glad to hear it! Any other problems feel free to post back. I'll mark this thread as solved. :)
Closed Thread