Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Firewall: Inbound or Outbound?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Firewall: Inbound or Outbound? within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, A game I play requires to open/allow ports in firewall. I have Windows Vista and opened up Windows Firewall

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

A game I play requires to open/allow ports in firewall. I have Windows Vista and opened up Windows Firewall with advanced security, question is should I create a new Inbound rule or an Outbound rule, or both?

Or I just open the normal Windows Firewall and add ports there?

The game is Battle Field Heroes...

To be clear: I know how to add ports to firewall I just don't know whether I should use Inbound rule or Outbound...

Thanks,
Karl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

In a lot of cases, both inbound and outbound ports should be opened.The inbound rule allows the ports to be open from the server to your computer, and the outbound rule is for the connection from your computer to the server.

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

Smile

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

If you don't have any additional questions on this topic, you can mark the thread Solved by clicking the Mark this Thread as Solved option under Thread Tools at the top of the thread.

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Closed Thread