Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] DLL Xfire/CoD4 problem

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] DLL Xfire/CoD4 problem within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I'm starting to be very desperate and that's why I'm bothering you... Xfire wont log in, it always

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Stancik

Hi guys, I'm starting to be very desperate and that's why I'm bothering you...
Xfire wont log in, it always times out... And after I exit the program I get the
message from Xfire Exception log (See Attached items for the log).

Plus I'm a hardcore CoD4 Promod player, and since 3 days I can't join any server
(Also timing out)... Also I have the same problem with TeamSpeak, it wont connect... I dont know if my Teamviewer still works, but if anyone wants to check it out just contact me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Xfire Exception log.txt (5.0 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Registered Member

Well... It has came to this...
BUMP
Old 05-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Vista Home Premium sp2, Ubuntu desktop 10.10, puppy linux, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My System

Hi,

My expertise lie more in console game support but it sounds as if your firewall is just blocking these programs, try turn it off briefly to see if they can connect, MAKE SURE TO TURN IT BACK ON AFTERWARDS, even if the programs do work. After that we can work on creating exceptions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #4
Registered Member

That's not the problem, I tried that, also I reinstalled the system yesterday and still having the same problem...
Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Vista Home Premium sp2, Ubuntu desktop 10.10, puppy linux, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My System

Ok that does rule out a lot of the problems on the pc, have you tried changing settings on your router, or port forwarding?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Registered Member

I haven't because I didn't expect that that will solve the problem, and even if it will, I don't know how to do it...
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Again I'm not too massively experienced in this area but if the software, hardware, and operating system on the pc itself can be ruled out then the network would seem to be the most obvious issue. What kind of network have you, DSL or cable? Do you have a modem and a router or just one?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Registered Member

I am still thankfull for not giving up. I also think that it's a network problem, and I have a modem. And I think I use Cable modem. I also have a number from my internet provider but since I downloaded a lot of illegal stuff, I'm not too happy to call them.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Its probably best not to talk about the illegal stuff here either it is against forum rules, but I do not think it would be causing this problem.

First things first, could you post the results of a speed test at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test .
And would I be right in saying that you just have a modem, one box only?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Registered Member

Thank you for the hint, and I have to correct myself, I have two boxes, since Internet is also distributed to my TV...

Speedtest: https://www.speedtest.net/result/2718130209.png

I'm promised from my provider 8 mb/ps (that's what I'm paying for)...
Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

My System

OK so if there are two boxes you probably have a similar connection to mine. Would it be possible to connect your pc directly to the first box and remove the second box temporarily for troubleshooting? This would rule out a lot of networking problems.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
Registered Member

I think it already is connected to the first box... But I'm not sure which is which :/
Heres the photo bellow (My comp cable is connected to the white "thing")
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slika.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	125257  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
TSF Enthusiast

My System

So you have a direct connection to the modem on the left, and this is also the one which you can connect to wirelessly? If this is the case then temporarily remove it from the network. Use a LAN cable to connect directly to the one on the right.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
Registered Member

I'll give it a try now. Thank you for having patience. :)
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #15
TSF Enthusiast

My System

No worries :)
Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
Registered Member

I tried it and in the black "thingie" was only one place for a cable, and it was occupied by which I think is the TV cable, so I replaced it with the Comp Cable and I had no internet connection, so I tried putting the TV cable into the white "thingie" but still no change.

Just after I replaced the TV cable with the Comp cable I troubleshooted to see what's the problem and this came up..

Now I returned to the default setup...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	125258  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
TSF Enthusiast

My System

OK im still not sure what kind of Broadband you have, could you take a picture of the back of both of the boxes, that would probably be the best way forward.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
Registered Member

Yep just give me a sec.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
Registered Member

I think you can diffirintiate which is which :)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20130519_184026.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	125260   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130519_184104.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	125261  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #20
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Ok that makes far more sense, it is a dsl modem, the white modem is the only one we will be dealing with. Have these programs worked with this modem before ?
Closed Thread