Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Can't join BF3 servers since BF4 Beta was Installed

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Can't join BF3 servers since BF4 Beta was Installed within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The title pretty much sums it up. Ever since I have downloaded the BF4 Beta, I have been unable to

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

The title pretty much sums it up. Ever since I have downloaded the BF4 Beta, I have been unable to join BF3 servers. BF4 would work just fine but BF3 would not. I tried doing some google searches but I haven't found anything. I've also uninstalled Origin, BF3, BF4 Beta, and Punkbuster and just reinstalled Origin, BF3, and Punkbuster but I still cannot join any servers. I also emailed Dice and EA but neither of them has gotten back to me. Can anyone offer any suggestions or anything to help fix this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Anyone have any ideas? Possibly another forum that I may try if noone here is aware of how to help?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

The only thing I can think of is Origin being it's typical idiotic self. Did you look on the EA forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this?

If I don't reply within two days PM me as I sometimes get busy and forget threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
PC Gamer

Are the programs allowed through your firewall?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is Origin being it's typical idiotic self. Did you look on the EA forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this?
Hi FSG, I looked at the EA forums whenever this first started happening but I was unable to find anything similar to what was happening to me. I'll try to do another search tonight and see if it comes back with anything. Surprisingly enough though, I was actually able to join a server yesterday. I joined a server and played for about an hour or so. I'll try it again tonight before searching EA forums and seeing if I find anyone else having the same problem as me.

Quote:
Are the programs allowed through your firewall?
Hi Khaoz123, I wouldn't think that my firewall was holding be back from joining BF3 servers. I was able to play them all just fine before downloading and playing the BF4 Beta. And I was even able to join a BF3 server last night. I'll go ahead and take a look at my Firewall and see if it's holding me back from playing BF3. I'm also using AVG and I'll disable that and see if that's a culprit or something.

Thanks for the ideas fellas.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

See if you can join again before you do anything else. Maybe it resolved itself.

If I don't reply within two days PM me as I sometimes get busy and forget threads.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

So far I've been able to connect to BF3 servers fine. I don't know why, but it just started working for me again. So I'm going to go ahead and marked this off as Solved. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

You bet. :) Glad it resolved itself. Hey, if you play much add me.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

Cool. Yea...PM me your username or just send me a friend request. Endabuyu is my username in case anyone else wants to add me. I usually play weeknights anytime between 6-11 CST and my weekends are kinda random. Fair warning though....this game can make me curse more than a sailor, especially with all of the game crashes that it's been doing, but I try to keep it down.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

Sounds good. :) FlightSimGuy here. My brothers and I are usually on Friday and sometimes Saturday night.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Sim Guy View Post
Sounds good. :) FlightSimGuy here. My brothers and I are usually on Friday and sometimes Saturday night.
We still need to have a 2nd gaming session on BF3 my friend :P

Just got to free up my schedule, Uni does that xD

Old 11-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

Waiting on you. And cgc018 is an awesome guy to play with. :)

Closed Thread