Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Browser(s) work fine games do not

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Browser(s) work fine games do not within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just today I turned on my computer Windows 7 Home Premium and the browsers (chrome, FireFox, IE) all worked fine.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Evil

Just today I turned on my computer Windows 7 Home Premium and the browsers (chrome, FireFox, IE) all worked fine. Any program other than those that require internet access to run fully or partially including WoW Fire Fall MS outlook Combat Arms and others I probably havent tested yet. In the browsers I can do everything I would normally do, stream movies, play flash games, check email, look up random bits of info. I tried so far a System restore to last week. a defrag of the HDD, driver update, full virus scan, registry clean, Uninstalled Himachi, and checked that the firewall was still letting the games through my girlfriend does NOT have this problem so it is not a router issue and I'm running out of ideas. I have not installed any new programs and did a system restore to be sure it wasnt the problem. SOS guys and gals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

After reading and rereading your post, I am confused on the issue you are experiencing.

Please clarify.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

The browsers work fine, the games and other applications that require or use interner don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
Just today I turned on my computer Windows 7 Home Premium and the browsers (chrome, FireFox, IE) all worked fine. Any program other than those that require internet access to run fully or partially including WoW Fire Fall MS outlook Combat Arms and others I probably havent tested yet. In the browsers I can do everything I would normally do, stream movies, play flash games, check email, look up random bits of info. I tried so far a System restore to last week. a defrag of the HDD, driver update, full virus scan, registry clean, Uninstalled Himachi, and checked that the firewall was still letting the games through my girlfriend does NOT have this problem so it is not a router issue and I'm running out of ideas. I have not installed any new programs and did a system restore to be sure it wasnt the problem. SOS guys and gals.
Never mind I reinstalled windows on my computer so this whole topic is now irrelevant.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Okay, I guess that works too.

Make sure to get all of the latest drivers along with all of the Windows updates.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #6
Registered Member

Just to update this post, I know it's a from last year, but people who want to play online games will be disappointed if they want to run a Unity game in Chrome browser since Chrome v42 and up; they have disabled the NPAPI support, but you can enable it manually:

1. Paste this into chrome: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
2. Hit activate on that item
3. Activate native-client underneath.
4. Unity works again :)
Old 06-25-2015, 05:40 AM   #7
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Thank you for coming back and sharing the answer! Now those who google this issue will stumble upon here, hopefully.
Closed Thread