Sorry for delay in replying, frenetic time in work.
The Issue I am having is that my PC will never obtain the maximum sync that my router is connecting at.
As I work for my ISP (diagnosing this issue funnily enough
) we have checked everything network related that would be causing this issue, we have ruled out network as I am the only person complaining of this issue on the line.
My Router syncs at 20-22mb/s and my throughout testing on the line tends to cap out around 3-6mb/s. I tried around 5 different brands of router and still get same issue.
now if I stream I-player and then run the speed test the line will hit the around 16mb/s.
if I run speed tests normally the speed test will slowly 'throttle up ' so the speed goes from 0 and slowly increase in speed to around 6-7mb/s then slowly throttles down until the speed test is complete (almost like flooring it in a car then taking foot off accelerator)
I brought my PC into work and we isolated the router i was using as being no good (on 100mb test bed it barely hit 10mb/s) so we swapped it for a router we tested on testbed as being 100mb capable.
Got it home and once again when connected to my PC the same issue occurred.
The PC I got through PC Specialists and I updated to Windows 7 from Vista and the issue has kind of followed it over.
I am only person using my connection
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9400 (2.66GHz) 1333MHz FSB/6MB Cache
ASUS® P5N-D: DDR2, SATAII, 2 x PCI-e x16, 2 PCI, 2 x PCI-e x1
4GB CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x2GB)
1024MB GEFORCE 9800GT PCI Express + DVI +
1000GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT