Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

SERIOUS problem- cant connect to game servers, and cant play multiplayer games!

This is a discussion on SERIOUS problem- cant connect to game servers, and cant play multiplayer games! within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For the past year, this netvigator router has been killing me. For some reason, i cant connect to any game

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

For the past year, this netvigator router has been killing me. For some reason, i cant connect to any game servers, or play any multiplayer games. You know, those errors such as, 'failed to log in, could not connect to servers'.

Now Im pretty sure its the routers problem, because no other device in the house can play with the internet from the router. Additionally, i usually visits my friends often,a s their internet works fine for me, allowing me to play games easily.

The mystery is, rarely, i am able to connect and play the games. maybe once a week. I have no idea what allows this, so thats what makes me really confused.

These are the games of their servers i cant connect/i can tplay:

-League of legends ( cant connect to anything )
-Steam ( cant connect to servers)
-xbox live

I havent tried others, but im pretty sure 3 is enough to prove that theres a serious problem here.

I disabled firewalls on windows 7, fowarded ports (however im not sure if i did them correctly), tried dmz hosts all sorts. But i still cant get this fixed. Maybe theres somethig blocking conenctions from other servers in the router? idk..

Id prefer that Id have an appropriate response to repair the problem, rather than having someone telling me to buy a new router. Thanks

SIDE NOTE: Internet browsing such as facebook, google, youtube works perfectly fine!

check the attachment, i screenshoted the ínterface status'. Idk what it is, but maybe it could help! (screenshoted from default gateway)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ddd3eewsd.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	123763  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!
What is the exact brand and model number of the router? If you have a separate device for your modem, please list that as well.

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 04-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You may need to contact the ISP and order a replacement router.

However you may need to change the channels on your router, making sure that other devices can connect to it. Make sure the router doesn't have any unwanted devices connected to it, ensure it's running in dual-band mode if it's a newer router and finally, make sure the router isn't near any microwaves, televisions, powerful speakers and other electronics.

Have you attempted connecting to the router with an Ethernet cable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Registered Member

Modem is netvigator! (i live in hk)

Ive tried changing the channels all this time... Nothing worked. Ive fiddled with the default gateway , did research, but so far i have found no solution?!!
Probably the onlything which nudged me wad something about port fowarding or a dmz host. I followed the steps in the web/tutorials, but still had no sokutioi have tried ethernet.. Never works

I still assume theres some 3rd firewall in the modem... Idk how to find it or disable it...

Thx for the quick reply
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Have you tried power cycling the device?

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
Registered Member

Whats that???
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Unplug the device from the wall, leave it unplugged for thirty seconds, then plug it back in. That is what power cycling is.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
Registered Member

Of course I did that... Probably over 100 times during the past year.

Im thinking that the router is blocking something? Like a third party firewall installed into the modem.

Another possibility could be that there is some interference or something which is blocking or interrupting the connection...

Im jsut sure its not my computers problem though...
Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 AM   #9
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

If you think the router is blocking something, go into the router's settings and check the firewall page.

Also, is there any parental control software installed?

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Old 04-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #10
Registered Member

tried that, but the thing is there snothin in the configuration page about a firewall..
Old 04-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #11
Registered Member

It sounds like you have the exact same issue as me, if it is the same issue I have been having to for over 5 months and it aggravates me like crazy.

I suggest running this test out to test your connection: ICSI Netalyzr
Code:
Click  permalink at the top right and copy the URL.
I think this is more an internet issue than anything.

After doing that, I also suggest looking at the DMZ in your router, and make an exception for the games.
Closed Thread