Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Recurring PS4 lag.

This is a discussion on Recurring PS4 lag. within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone. I've been having problems with my PS4 that I bought a few weeks ago. The problem that I

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone. I've been having problems with my PS4 that I bought a few weeks ago. The problem that I first noticed was a drop in audio through my headset (I use my computer monitor as the screen, and plug in my headset through the controller for audio). I initially thought it was my headset/ controller, but I am now beginning to think it has to do with internet connection. I will be in game and receive warnings telling me that I have a poor internet connection, and experience laggy symptoms as well. This confuses me because my PC/ cellular devices have no problem with the internet. It's only the PS4. I initially used wireless, but after that problems I switched to a wired connection, but still nothing. I use an Arris CM820 Modem, as well as NetGear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router. Here are my specs from a speedtest:

If anymore information is required, or if I am posting in the wrong forum feel free to ask/tell me. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Computer Lag
I've been having lag which happens totally at random, I have no idea what's causing it. I got the PC about 3 Weeks ago, everything fine for the first 2 weeks then out of nowhere lag starts. The lag isn't really low frame-rate, the cursor moves as usual,no lag there, but all the programs and...
XxCassxX Other Hardware Support 24 01-23-2015 01:44 PM
getting lag issues with xbox 360/ ps4/ blu-ray player
Hi I'm new to this and if I am missing information please let me know. I have had this router for maybe 2 years now and only started to experience issues about a year ago. I have upgraded my internet speed to 50mbps (previously 3mbps) and yet I still experience buffering/ lag issues whenever trying...
mahala2 Cabling and Network Cards 6 12-27-2013 02:22 PM
Strange lag in windows 7 even in safe mode
Hey guys. I'll cut right to the chase this time. Basically my problem is that recently I've been experiencing some unusual lag in windows 7 Ultimate. I'm having trouble determining the symptoms, but here's what I believe I've determined: the lag is consistent. It is from when I first start up...
risingstar64 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 11 11-12-2011 02:53 AM
Dell Vostro 1000 laptop-typing lag, sound lag, everything lag
So, I have a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop (which buying was a big mistake, I'm aware of that now) and I run Windows XP Service Pack 3. I have had (and am currently having) so many problems with it that I don't even know where to start, or if this is even the right place to put this. Months and...
britsticks Laptop Support 5 04-03-2011 09:48 AM
[SOLVED] Extreme, Bizarre Computer Lag
I'm having a very strange problem.. I'm sorry this post is long, but the more detail the better. Recently, I decided to beef up the security on my computer by installing Comodo Firewall, KeyScrambler (and key-stroke encrypter), and WinPatrol, alongside the Avira Anti-virus I already have. At...
athemyr Windows XP Support 5 01-14-2011 08:25 AM