Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Problems With Steam and Counter Strike Global Offensive

This is a discussion on Problems With Steam and Counter Strike Global Offensive within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Guys and Gals, I'm hoping someone can lead me down the right path is solving my son's issue with

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm hoping someone can lead me down the right path is solving my son's issue with CSGO and Steam.
The PC is a new build and runs flawlessly as a PC. All drivers are up to date and I've performed all benchmark and stability testing to verify all hardware is working properly and all drivers are current.

So here's what's going on:

He launches CSGO (logs into Steam with no issues) and launches game. He will start playing with all setting like he wants and maybe a few minutes into the game the sound will stutter for a bit then the screen will go blank. By blank I mean more of a grey screen with what seems like an almost vertical striped pattern displayed very light.

I've goggled the crap on this issue and sent tech support email with no response. He also installed another game from steam and he also has the same issue.

He installed Mine Caft and that plays perfectly fine. I can only isolate it to Steam but can only get that far with the issue. Going as far as uninstall and reinstall steam and game as well as trying playing in XP compatibility mode.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF! - It must be this lovely Wisconsin whether we've been having.

Let's take a look at your system temperatures. Follow this guide here:

How to check your system temperatures | Tech Support Forum
Old 03-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
Hi and Welcome to TSF! - It must be this lovely Wisconsin whether we've been having.

Let's take a look at your system temperatures. Follow this guide here:

How to check your system temperatures | Tech Support Forum
Thanks will look into this. Case has three fans. Video card has two built in and CPU has upgraded fan. Case: Saprano Snow White case with one large fane in front and one on back. Power supply mounted on bottom of case with intake from outside of case.
Closed Thread