Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Problems with Game lag and Ping

This is a discussion on Problems with Game lag and Ping within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am running a decent comp and playing some non graphic intensive games (any graphic intensive games i run on

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am running a decent comp and playing some non graphic intensive games (any graphic intensive games i run on low settings). I dont usually have problems with computer lag, but for some reason i seem to have terrible ping and internet lag whenever i play online. For example, ive been playing the Dayz mod for ARMA 2, and me and my roommate have been playing on a team in a private server that is based in west virginia. My roommate enjoys a ping generally around 90-120, whereas whenever i play my ping is around 200-300. I constantly lag and desync and get kicked for too high of a ping. Its not only Dayz however, in the game Smite, typically my roommates ping are both around 90, while my ping is usually 150-300, and it lags me like crazy. I thought that ping wasn't supposed to have anything to do with computer specs ( my roommate uses an alienware, im on a quadcore amd dell). Also, we have a router with 2 networks, but my computer can only connect to one of them for some reason. I am in know way a computer expert, so im completely lost on how to fix this. I would blame the internet service provider, but my roommates never get the same problem so i have no idea why this happens. Any form of help would be very appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lag spikes during gameplay
Hi, I have a 2 year old HP Pavilion dv7 4090eb and I have lag spikes during gameplay(World of Tanks). My system meets the recommended requirements of the game according to the system requirements lab app. The lag spikes are not exclusive to this game, but i can best describe them using World of...
connybe PC Gaming Support 1 02-16-2013 04:47 PM
Multiplayer Causes Problems
Since November, I've noticed in many of my games that multiplayer will have these massive lag spikes that cause my ping to ascend to 500 or so, even while playing with people across the street. The funniest part about it is, I can still watch everyone else move, and I can still voice chat with...
Appendices Online/Network Gaming Support 1 01-13-2013 07:07 PM
Ping Requests time outs and lag
Hello I am having an issue of tiny lag spikes / interruption in internet connections. Microsoft Windows Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Allen>tracert google.com
Kyton Networking Support 13 06-22-2011 01:09 PM
High Ping - Lag spikes - Disconnects - Wired and Wireless connection
Hey guys, I live in student apartments that gets internet from Pavlov Media or whatever. Anyway, for any online gaming, I get SUPER high ping after joining a game and I disconnect shortly there after. Here's my DSL Report Test History: Tools History | DSLReports.com, ISP Information ...
patelkedar Networking Support 2 06-09-2011 06:12 PM
Ping Jump from 80-90 to 1300-2500
Hello .. I have serios problem ! .. I play combat arms , ava , crossfire , fifa online .. and i have in games ping 90-100 and its jump to 1300-2500! *crazy* !! what youre solution ??..:sigh::sigh::sigh:
RonenAyash Online/Network Gaming Support 5 05-14-2011 02:55 PM