Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Problems Staying connected

This is a discussion on Problems Staying connected within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Recently the last few days me, my brother and a neighbor have been having issues staying connected to games like

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

Recently the last few days me, my brother and a neighbor have been having issues staying connected to games like Counter Strike, League of Legends, and Runescape (I'm not ashamed). I have no issue at all logging into the games and starting to play but then I'll randomly disconnect from the game in random intervals it could happen every few minutes or once every 30 minutes or if it's being nice sometimes a little longer.

We both have the same internet provider which we've attributed the problem to but they've been no help as of yet aside from saying that a repair technician will contact me at some point in time which was not specified.

The issue seems to ONLY be with the games themselves staying connected as I can continue a skype/teamspeak call or continue watching a video or load new webpages perfectly fine while the game is attempting to reconnect. The only issue seems to be the random disconnects from the games themselves. This issue is being experienced by myself, my brother who lives with me, and the neighbor possibly more people but I don't really talk to my neighbors aside from the one. My question I guess would be if there is anything that I myself can do to fix this connection or help the techs at my ISP narrow down this issue so i can get back to playing games in peace?

Thanks in advance for any help or information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

I agree the issue lies with the ISP, but there isn't much you can do other than force them to help or perhaps change ISPs.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Problems with staying on line with all Browsers
Hi all, I have a Compaq Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pk 3. I checked and it said I have 11.3 GB available. I have downloaded every single Browser, IE keeps saying low on memory, no memory at line 1, 10, 22 etc. freezes up on me & boots me off line.The rest of them seem to all say:...
JoJo62 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 14 06-19-2013 07:43 AM
Got DDoSed a few days ago, new IP, new modem, not staying connected....
My friend is a gamer and streams his games live online. Of course there are going to be the jealous kids, and someone DDoSed him, when I had him change his mac address to get a new IP, it's almost like it would save and not keep the change, his modem started to powercycle. He went to Comcast...
CoDApril Networking Support 6 11-21-2011 10:44 AM
Problems staying connected to video games
Hello. I have this problem with all of my video games. I cam trying to connect and play a wide variety of video games from campus, WoW..Dead Island..HoN..and even xbox360 games, but I always get disconnected or lag very bad. Whenever I run a internet speed test, The speed is always at least...
tarik3001 Networking Support 1 09-09-2011 03:22 PM
Multi Monitor Display Problems - Black Screen
Hi, I am having the following problem, my multi-monitor display has been giving me a black screen on a regular basis. When I move my mouse over the black screen, only that part of the screen is visible, the rest of the screen is still black. So I have to move my mouse over the entire screen to fix...
rockychyna Video Card Support 3 08-26-2011 05:40 PM
HOW ARE THERE SO MANY PROBLEMS! L455D-S5976
I used the recovery utility on my laptop to reformat it back to factory default. I downloaded Iobit Advanced System Care and ran the deep scan. How are there so many problems when its a clean install! There are soo many problems and the performance rating is rated a D when I'm playing a game. ...
keatoru Laptop Support 7 08-12-2011 02:33 PM