Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Port Forward problems

This is a discussion on Port Forward problems within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been port forwarding games for a long time and its always been easy. A couple weeks ago though i

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've been port forwarding games for a long time and its always been easy. A couple weeks ago though i noticed that when i host a server through the game itself it doesnt work, i shrugged it off thinking it was a new update to the game and i would have to host through dedicated server tools.

Games like terraria, arma 2, and the most recent unturned will not be port forwarded no matter what i do when i try hosting through the game. I use open port check tool and the servers are not open.

But when i use things like minecrafts dedicated server tool it port forwards and hosts no problem.

can anyone shed any light on what is wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Also if it helps at all i dont think its a problem with my router as i have gone from my moms house to my dads and used 3 separate routers and none of them seemed to work for the affected games port forwarding. and sorry if double post didnt see an edit button
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Netgear R7000 router can't forward port 1194
Hi, I'm running a private OpenVPN server on my local network on port 1194 under my Netgear R7000 with firmware V1.0.3.24_1.1.20 (latest as of this post), and I need to open this port and forward it to my server to access it with an OpenVPN client, but when I login to my router's web configuration...
misternumberone Protocols and Routing 5 03-18-2014 07:27 AM
Problems
I believe I have some corruption and/or malware on this system. Its an overall pain in the butt. Here is DDS: DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_x86 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16450 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.5.1 Run by Josh at 9:20:56 on 2012-12-01
Jtsou Inactive Malware Help Topics 48 12-21-2012 06:55 AM
Newbie - Network Flow Analysis
Hi Guys, I am new to analysis of the network flow. I have uploaded the image of the network flow that I need help with analysis. I think it is the case of UDP flooding in which source is sending a large number of UDP packets to random ports on a remote host. Can somebody please look at the...
micky_577 Networking Support 3 04-20-2011 10:16 AM
Lag in Dragon Age: Origins
I have Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for the PC. My PC surpasses the minimum requirements for the game and it runs really well for about an hour until it begins to get really sluggish. Around this point the loading times will increase and the frame rate will drop. What would cause that? ...
AndyJP PC Gaming Support 9 01-30-2011 06:47 AM
No Sound Problem !!!
I have problem with no sound on my PC. It began after restarting. When I go to Device manager > Sound , video and game controllers I see yellow warning sign and when click on it ___Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)___...
damjanes Driver Support 8 01-21-2011 04:32 AM