Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Ping spikes when i game

This is a discussion on Ping spikes when i game within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi My problem is when i games my ping turns up to around 700 - 1000 Ms (time out) every

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

My problem is when i games my ping turns up to around 700 - 1000 Ms (time out) every 10 -60 sec and normally i have around 10 to 14 ms. I only get this problem when i play online games

I try to change the settings on my net card so it doesn't save any power there, made a virus scan 0 threat found.

So i'm pretty lost now, hope you have method to fix this problem....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 01:16 AM   #2
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey, Welcome to Tech Support Forum

Before we can identify the problem, there are a few questions I have which should help identify the issue:

-----

Does this happen with a single game, multiple games or any game?

Does this happen on just your machine or on other machines on the network aswell? (If you can test it)

Are the lag spikes / ping jumps consistent (in time intervals and regularity)?

-----

The other information which could be useful is to list what AntiVirus and/or Firewall you are using and if you know it, the router make and model.

Lastly, can you run a Speedtest & a Pingtest and post the results. You can do them by visiting the following links - Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test & Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test respectively.

Hopefully we'll get it fixed soon enough so you can get back to gaming :)
- Redeye -

Closed Thread