Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Online game lags out so badly i can't see the screen

This is a discussion on Online game lags out so badly i can't see the screen within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. On the tracert there are 20 hops and usually they all work with maximum of 200ms, however, on one occasion

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

On the tracert there are 20 hops and usually they all work with maximum of 200ms, however, on one occasion the 18th didnt show a time just a star. So I assume this is the problem, the hop is a location in new york. I can connect to the game fine but after it loads the first screen nothing else will load, it just stays lagged out. The ping is only 120ms so I just don`t understand why it is lagging out, I looked online to see if there is a way to bypass the 18th hop or maybe make it rout somewhere differently for the 18th hop but it seems the only way to do that is to change provider, which seems a bit extreme just for a game. My internet is perfect otherwise and I play chess regularly without any problems. I use fibre optic broadband and it is the fastest connection in the UK. Is there any way I can resolve this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue screen problems when exiting a game
I am running a Windows 7 home edition 64 The laptop is a sony vaio VPCEB3S1E with an Intel i5 processor 4 gb of ram and a ATI mobility radeon HD 5650 graphic card. It's like a few days old, the OS is the original OS it came with, did not reinstall it since then. I seem to get this error when i...
razvan_1719 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 12 01-25-2011 01:08 PM
My screen is dim. Do I replace the inverter or the screen itself?
Hello, The LCD screen on my Toshiba Satellite laptop no longer functions as it should. I've had it for over 4 years now, so I figured something just got too old and is now ready for replacing. My question is which should I replace: the inverter or the screen (w/ backlight)? Symptoms: -...
Midori Laptop Support 8 01-15-2011 08:12 AM
PC freezes when watching online videos/playing online game
Hi guys, I'm a new member here and require help. I've put my specs up in profile so hopefully you should be able to see that. I'll explain the sort of problems I've been getting recently. I used to get BSOD randomly about a month or so ago. Someone told me to do memory test and hard drive...
snehshah BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 01-11-2011 07:03 PM
BHODemon Guide (rev)
BHODemon This can be got for free from BHODemon Unfortunately there are no updates for this for the time being at least as the maker has some personal matters that have taken priority, but with luck they will return soon to updating this software in the future; you can visit their site by going...
8210GUY Dead-Sea Scrolls 1 12-03-2006 04:23 PM