Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Nat strict tried everything

This is a discussion on Nat strict tried everything within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a problem with my Nat on my ps3.My router is edimax 3g 6200 and the 3g modem i

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a problem with my Nat on my ps3.My router is edimax 3g 6200 and the 3g modem i am using is huawei E180.i have tried just about everything including DMZ,port forwarding etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
I thought it may have been the 3g carrier but i am using an open nat apn.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

Strict NAT is what you'd expect with 3G as most use private IP Addresses and NAT within their service
Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

As i said in the first post i am using a 3g carrier with public ip and open nat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

Sorry to labour the point its important though, so your saying on the Internet connection screen of the Edimax the ip address of the WAN is does not start with 192 or 10 or 172 ?

Have you tried enabling UPnP instead of a DMZ/portforward?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Registered Member

Depending on the type of service you subscribe to you may or may not have your own IP address. Some carriers give dedicated address to their laptop cards others do not. In my case I'm actually able to choose between the two options. There is a setting used in the phones which gets only a private address, but there is also another which gets you the public address. My problem was that I didn't know it was possible to "mis-configure" the device and get the private address even though I was "entitled" to the public address.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
comparing NAT to high end router
Alright so right now i have a Linksys WRT600N v1.1 router for a small home network. (Linksys routers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) this router does have NAT but my question is, would it be better to set up my own NAT server? any information i can look up and read about NAT and its...
redcloud319 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 1 01-19-2011 11:15 AM
My NAT is open, and I still lag.
I recently posted in the game networking forum, and someone there directed me here. My NAT type is open, but I still lag in online games and I don't understand why. For instance in black ops I mostly have a yellow bar connection and sometimes it drops down to a red bar. I rarely have a green bar...
Big Will1 Console Gaming Support 7 01-16-2011 06:20 AM
DG834GT and Open NAT type
Hi, my current NAT type settings appear to be set to 'Moderate', could I possibly have some assistance in switching this to 'Open' please? Previously, I have played around with the router settings and somehow managed to get turn it to 'Open' however, this appears to be a temporary thing and soon...
JonBastyan Networking Support 0 01-16-2011 05:54 AM
PLZ help me with the NAT setting on the xbox 360 slim
well, i have been watching alot of guides on youtube now and none of them works... I got a zyxel multimodem. I have tried to call internet guide but what he did only worked for a day or so. And he enabled pppoe but now I cant get on xbox live with pppoe on -.- plz help starting to get...
fierze Protocols and Routing 4 01-12-2011 10:17 AM
Port mappimg enabled, NAT type still strict.
I have an Xbox 360, and even after enabling port mapping, my NAT type still comes up as strict. Is there anything more you have to do? Thanks in advance.
fredtheguitar13 Online/Network Gaming Support 1 01-03-2011 08:55 PM