Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

My friends see things differently compared to me.

This is a discussion on My friends see things differently compared to me. within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When my friends are watching me play they say my crosshair is shaking most of the time but on my

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 06:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

When my friends are watching me play they say my crosshair is shaking most of the time but on my screen it doesn't shake and I don't shake my mouse to make my crosshair tremble.
I downloaded a demo of myself playing CSGO and I noticed that on the demo my crosshair really does shake and I also noticed that from time to time while I am walking there is like a small stutter as if I am skipping a frame which I myself never experience while I am playing and I also noticed that some things don't look at all like what I did on my side. I uploaded parts of the demo to youtube so you can see what I mean.

For example: In the demo a lot of the time when shooting my crosshair seems to be never be where I remember placing it while playing and when me and an enemy shoot each other the fight is always 2-3 seconds longer for me. On my friend's screens and the demo I die but on my screen when I am playing I am still moving and shooting and the time between where I die according to the server and my friends and where I die according to my screen isn't short at all. For example: At 1:48 of the youtube video me and one teammate die when we line up and the enemy gets a double kill. On my screen I ducked behind my teammate and kept shooting through my teammate for about 3 seconds but on the demo from the server I die much sooner before I even start trying to teamkill my teammate and kill the enemy at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

2 days ago I noticed that my internet gets frequent ping spikes 6 in 10 minutes by using a program called WTFast. I will continue testing to see if its consistent, if it turns out to be consistent I suspect the ping spikes are the problem. But how do I explain this to my ISP?
Old 02-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

UPDATE:
Today in 6 minutes of counterstrike I got 7 packets lost and in 20 minutes of Heroes of the Storm I got 9 ping spikes and the graph shows my ping jumping up and down a lot so I think the software only acknowledges big ping spikes not small ones.

Could ping spikes be the cause of the problems described above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
Registered Member

If you think latency(ping) might be a issue, try posting a tracert. See this site specifically for Blizzard game server IPs, but the process should work for any game, as long as you know what server you're connecting to.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #5
Registered Member

I'll close this thread. I fixed my mouse problems by uninstalling my drivers. Somehow the drivers were making the mouse movement really bad. Stupid Steelseries...
Closed Thread