Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Latency problem

This is a discussion on Latency problem within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a question concerning latency in a game, how come that my ping is twice as high (around

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I have a question concerning latency in a game, how come that my ping is twice as high (around 100) in the server ingame but when I ping it from cmd then I get around 40-50 ms ? here's a pic that shows my ping ingame and in cmd at the same time. its the same server

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

It's likely that one of the two latency checks isn't giving an accurate reading; most likely the game browser; but at a ping of under 150, does it really matter? It could also be because of the high amount of data transfer that you'd be doing via the game server, rather than the cmd in which you are only pinging; that may impact latency somewhat.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

well am I not pinging the same machine at the same time? the only problem could be that the game is a problem itself

and yes it really does matter alot, I guess every game's different but this one makes huge difference with 50 ping to 100 ping

but anyway, is it possible that if the hardware im playing is having difficulties running the game properly (lower framerate than offline) that could affect the ping reading? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Your hardware shouldn't affect your latency, no. It would be possible it is your NIC/ISP if the readings matched up, but as they don't, it seems more likely that it's just an inaccurate reading or what I said earlier.

You are pinging them both, that is correct... However the game calculates the ping differently from the cmd.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

how differently? i dont understand
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Generals Zero Hour - Problem...
Hello everyone =) How are you ? I hope you are fine =) Before I start, I want to apologize if my message was at the wrong section, But I faced a problem and I hope I can find a solution here, so I am very sorry if I posted in the wrong section ... My problem is a connection problem that...
Khaled9447 PC Gaming Support 7 06-08-2012 04:45 PM
Problem with wireless streaming
I am having this weird problem for sometime and i have been trying to find a solution for a long time. Why not give it a try here :) First of all i bought an ipod one month back and was playing around with it. One day i got the spotify app and saw that it has a wireless offline streaming...
i_giant Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 02-25-2012 05:32 AM
Speaker volume problem (not a noob question)
Hi guys, I couldnt find the most appropriate place to post this problem, so i went to the closest possible. Introduction i am running a very og Dell Windows XP with a Dell 5.1 speaker system and a Sigmatel audio card. When i returned home last monday i turned on my computer as usual, went and...
Yamahard Sound Cards 6 10-14-2011 12:02 AM
BSOD Help
I'm a bit of a noob, so I hope I did the correctly. I'm running windows 7. 64 bit. This computer has always had Windows7 on it, and it came with the computer. The computer is 1.5 years old and has always done this. Intel(r) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU [email protected] 2.66GHz 2.67GHz Video Card: Nvidia...
sasarai1987 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 06-15-2011 11:46 PM
Halo 2 Won't install i hate it...
Hey, I just bought halo 2 at the store and i tought hmm fun game but then when i wanted to install the game it says Microsoft directx has stopped working and then i can't install the game... because i need to close the installation. I already have DX. 11 And got HD Readen 4770, AMD...
Takehofstra Game Installation Support 1 02-26-2011 07:39 PM