Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Lanning issue Toshiba Tecra R850

This is a discussion on Lanning issue Toshiba Tecra R850 within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there. I recently bought a second hand laptop, the Toshiba tecra R850. Its a Cor i7-2640 @2.80Ghz, 8 GB

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there.

I recently bought a second hand laptop, the Toshiba tecra R850. Its a Cor i7-2640 @2.80Ghz, 8 GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 7400M series. This laptop is a beauty, but theres just one problem. When I try to lan with my friends, I can't. I can see everyones computer from the networks, and I can run postal 2( only if I host) and one game of Dota, but other that that Its impossible. Now my laptop came with a LOT of bloatware from toshiba, could that be the problem? Now ive been doing a bit of reading up about the laptop and it says that my laptop has a WiFi a/g/n (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230). Which dosnt really ring a bell. I was thinking of reinstalling windows 7, But any help or advice could be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Reinstalling Windows with a fresh copy would certainly remove all of the bloat ware.

As for the network issue, see if a network driver reinstall helps.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 Memory Issue (?); ubd.exe entry point error
Hi there, First off, thanks ever so much for your help. I've picked up something from irresponsible surfing :( This laptop was bought new and, apart from having iTunes and Skype onboard, is solely used for streaming video in my home theatre system. I streamed some latest season episodes of a...
jwdrums0 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 19 11-15-2014 09:48 PM
Toshiba Satellite A215 -S5818 PSAFGU-05F01D can't Boot
Laptop --with win Vista STATUS: a) Laptop wont boot b) Screen remains Black after turning on Power c) Power, Power-on and battery-charging Lights are ALL on d) Fan--->starts, CDrom-->Runs! starts to read -- e) USB - ports - NO POWER (All of them)
LoneTree Laptop Support 21 10-22-2011 07:58 PM
Google links redirect to random sites in Firefox
Running Windows 7 professional 64 bit. Google search links redirect to random sites on clicking. Thank you for your help! I tried running some programs named in earlier forums before reading what to do for help. . DDS (Ver_2011-06-23.01) - NTFSAMD64 Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 Run by...
stbh Resolved HJT Threads 16 07-15-2011 12:49 AM
Toshiba Wont Boot / Iphone issue
Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 Running XP Professional! everythings on it including my Iphones back up which I now need... Pressing the power button only gives me 1 power light and the Hard Drive flashes a few times but then nothing. No toshiba screen..... nothing! Leads me to...
leejay Laptop Support 3 04-24-2011 11:11 AM
Toshiba Camileo S20, 720p image quality issue?
This has been bugging me for a while and i cant figure out if its a camera issue, a lense issue, a zoom issues or there's an actual fault with the cam or its just the quality of the camera. Its brand new, perfect day, sunny, daylight/auto settings changed numurous times and still having this issue....
-Lithium- Gadget Support 3 04-12-2011 08:29 PM