Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

LAN Problems with SWEAW (Help Appreciated)

This is a discussion on LAN Problems with SWEAW (Help Appreciated) within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have recently installed a copy of Star Wars Empire at War both on my Vista Service Pack 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I have recently installed a copy of Star Wars Empire at War both on my Vista Service Pack 2 laptop as well as on my Windows 7 64-bit computer.

I have done nearly every single thing on the internet to fix my problem. I say nearly, because perhaps one of you have a solution to my inquiry and solve the problem I have been having for the past week.

Situation:

Both computers have valid Star Wars Empire at War installed.
Both computers run the program awesomely.
Windows 7 connects to LAN and can see both itself as well as Vista SP2 in game LAN lobby.

But Vista SP2 can only see itself and not poor W7 in game LAN lobby...(I can also type on Vista SP2 and it will show on W7, but it shows W7 not being logged in)

So, any help would be appreciated and if you write something down that I have tried, I will reply.

Thank you.

(PS) The LAN DID work before last week. My brother and I were able to play with no problems for hours and hours. Then all of the sudden it won't show on VisSP2...I have intalled/reinstalled this game multiple times in order to fix the LAN issue. But no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wake On LAN with RDP, login after reboot
I'll try to be as detailed yet succinct as possible. I have a laptop with a busted screen i'm using currently to host my media remotely with ORB, and I've been able to use WOL through the mycast.orb.com interface to be able to wake computer remotely after it enters sleep. just got a MAC and...
wlimtiaco Windows XP Support 2 02-09-2011 03:28 PM
BSOD problems , help would be appreciated [moved from Vista/7]
Hey everyone , i'm pretty new here , so i'm hoping someone could analyze my minidump file for me. Anyway , for a few days now , i keep getting random BSODs for apparently no reason. This started happening ( and this may sound funny ) after i tried installing a patch for a game , which...
lurker1 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 02-06-2011 07:14 AM
[SOLVED] Weird LAN problems
Hey folks, these days i`m trying to figure out what's wrong in a LAN having 70 computers. There are three routers in the same subnet with three switches (kinda crappy). DHCPs are off. The problem is that randomly the routers are losing their configurations or the network hangs a lot. There...
voovode Networking Support 5 02-02-2011 11:43 PM
laptop problems. help appreciated
im running vista service pack 2 on a toshiba satellite. recently my laptops been acting up alot constantly freezing up and stuff. most times it'd be just frozen but the mouse can move but always ends up with a reboot. ill always let chkdsk run and normally its fine but once it comes up with a...
samiam123 Laptop Support 8 01-28-2011 02:47 PM
problems with hosting lan games or warcraft 3
so me and my buddy have been trying to host a lan game for a few days now. we create a game but neither of us can see game on lists cant figure out why. we are both useing my warcraft 3 game downloaded from battlenet but cant figure out what we are doing wrong or if we are just unable to host game...
luney PC Gaming Support 0 01-01-2011 06:03 PM