Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

LAN connection

This is a discussion on LAN connection within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay, I enjoy playing LAN games with my brother and/or friends. Normally it isn't a problem, but my brother recently

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Okay, I enjoy playing LAN games with my brother and/or friends. Normally it isn't a problem, but my brother recently got a laptop with windows XP on it. I have windows 7 and I want to know if there is anyway he and I can play wirelessly. I can connect to my windows 7 friends no problem through homegroup, but homegroup isn't on XP. Not sure what to do about it :/

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

OS: XP, Windows7-8, Server03, Server08, SBS2008, SBS2011, Server2012

My System

Windows XP can not join a Windows 7 Homegroup

But, if both the XP and Windows 7 have the same workgroup name and the Windows 7 machine has an account on it that matches the windows XP machine you should be able to share files and see each other to play a game

I work about 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time with Family and a couple of online communities, so please be patient when waiting for a reply
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Problem with LAN connection
Hello, I have a custom build and I having trouble with my LAN connection. This issue just started today. My LAN connection is disconnecting itself after about 10 mins of being on. As it the LAN shuts off. I have tried to reinstall the driver but the issue still continues. Anything...
Masterchiefxx17 Networking Support 19 01-29-2013 04:01 PM
LAN connection does not receive any data, only sent
first of all i should say hi to all people here since its my first post ok, here's the ******' annoying problem i have 2 PCs with 2 separate ADSL2+ internet connections that go with these spec : PC A : connects through onboard LAN card to a "Zyxel P660-HW Wireless Router N Modem" PC B :...
netnerd Cabling and Network Cards 2 11-19-2012 10:23 AM
Trouble with EA-N66
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Asus EA-N66 ethernet adapter. I can't seem to get it to maintain its internet connection through my router without having to setup a network connection after every reboot of my computer. Often times the connection between the adapter and router will be perfectly...
JRizal Networking Support 18 11-16-2012 10:18 AM
LAN connection off line-SENT/or/RECEIVED
I've got a HP dv9700 (dv9925nr), Vista 64x new 01/2009. Ran it until last month, no problems. Then I thought I would like to go dual boot and with 80 gig on hard drive at boot up I cleaned the Hard drive. The recovery disks that I made out of the box were deneyed by set up, and the ones HP sent me...
jarrede Networking Support 1 11-12-2012 12:08 PM
Connection Problems
Hello. I've been having connection problems for a few weeks now and i've done everything I could find to try and fix it. My internet packets slow down to a crawl sending and recieving like 1-2 every second until I fix it by running the Network Diagostics. It happens every few seconds and sometimes...
Hawynlegend Networking Support 6 07-30-2011 03:58 PM