Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Lag when my brother use internet

This is a discussion on Lag when my brother use internet within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello guys, I am suffering from lagging because my brother always use internet such as youtube, facebook, instgram.... I have

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello guys, I am suffering from lagging because my brother always use internet such as youtube, facebook, instgram....
I have 2mbps i know its a small bandwidth, but i heard yesterday from my doctor that i can dedicate or cap little bandwith for my pc so anyone can't disturb me when iam playing by mac address or ip static can anyone explain me how can i do it???
I tried limit bandwidth wiht QOS don't work because i have small bandwith (2mbps) so only i want to dedicate about 252 kbps to play without lagging and no one can absorbe from my 252 kbps.....
Sorry for my bad english 😞 (
THANK YOU GUYS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2019, 12:31 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

You heard from your Dr. ?? :P

You need to keep increasing the bandwidth till you hit the right value in QoS so you're able to game without lag/latency (keep an eye on the FPS and latency in game to check)

Old 01-11-2019, 12:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

So no solution to make because 2mbps is my max bandwidth in my country 😞
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2019, 12:55 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Not really, you need to manage with this bandwidth mate, there is no way around that..

Old 01-11-2019, 01:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
Not really, you need to manage with this bandwidth mate, there is no way around that..
how much bandwidth does i want to play without lagging when my brother is using internet....
Old 01-11-2019, 01:51 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

That depends on a lot of factors mate, you need to do some trial and error to figure it out..

Old 01-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #7
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Wi-fi extenders or relays use even more bandwidth. Posted just in case you're using one.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:26 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Wi-fi extenders or relays use even more bandwidth. Posted just in case you're using one.
thank you, i use cable but delay are from using internet only
Closed Thread