Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Joining a friends game

This is a discussion on Joining a friends game within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My friend recently bought Counter strike source and we wanted to play with each other but we've not been able

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

My friend recently bought Counter strike source and we wanted to play with each other but we've not been able to connect. I've searched all over steam and the internet for an answer but I still haven't found a solution.
Basically whenever we try to join one another's game, it says 'Server is not responding'
It doesn't even say that he's in a game when I click on find server and then the 'Friends' tab.
He's on a mac and i'm on windows, would that have anything to do with it? Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!

Have either of you done port forwarding in the router to open ports? The computer hosting the server will need to open ports for the server to be visible.

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 12-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

If you mean playing on a LAN network, go to the LAN tab and see if the game is listed... Also allow your firewalls to let CS:S access the internet and pause your antiviruses
Closed Thread